How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

748 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

223 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Status is stuck on Away and my whole team /other teams with Teams appear Offline. Nothing seems to change this situation. We also use SfB and that is fine, but these applications in our O365 are now totally out of sync. It looks like Presence Sync was supposed to be resolved in the April Update but that doesn't seem to have remained.
        Has there been an update that has caused this to break??

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see this is being worked on hopefully actively. I have the same issue with a minor twist - in that Teams will not allow me to change my status to any other option - it's perpetually stuck on out of office - even when I'm logged in have a free calendar and my Skype status is set to available. I'm not sure where it's getting the status from but if I cannot modify it by sitting in front of the computer and manually changing it it's a bit concerning.

• Tomáš Cink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My status is still Offline. I can't change it to online..no way, but when I start Skype For Bussines status change according skype.

I'm only commenting to help others. I too had the OOO issue where no matter what I had set my status to, it kept the OOO displayed. Turned out a meeting/appointment on my calendar had my status set to Away, which automatically puts OOO in Teams. Annoying, but the fix is to either 1) change the availability in the meeting/appointment or 2) remove the meeting/appointment from the calendar.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please address this. We are being forced from Skype for Business to Teams through Office 365. However, Status does not work reliably. It is causing real issues for our customers.

• Di Cortado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Teams status has consistently been Out of Office for the past two weeks. I have no appointment/meetings labeled Out of Office in Outlook. I have uninstalled Teams and removed all app data, and reinstalled. My availability did show "Available" for perhaps a second or two after the reinstall - however it went back to Out of Office.

• Rufus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mine was doing the same thing but I fixed it by closing the program and then opening the program back up (I pinned Teams to my taskbar so I could find it) . My status went from away and me not being able to change my status to available when I restarted the program. We shouldn't have to do this, but come on, it's a Microsoft product, so what do you really expect? Lol

• alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently stuck on "Away", despite having the desktop app open, clicking "Available" in the status menu, and running the "/available" command

• Jerrod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Teams shows me as "Active" when I am not signed into an instance anywhere. I have restarted and shutdown all computers and phone that have Teams installed. I have the settings already set to never run in the background, and to close when I exit the window. My dispatch says that I turn green around 8am yesterday and today.

Please let me know how to correct this, this is causing my team to message me thinking I am active for answers when I am not.

Thank you

I am facing the same, I was OOO last week. Though I am available now, it is not going to Available, even if I set the status manually, it is still OOO. Please let us know when you are going to fix this as it is sending out incorrect info.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im not using Skype in any capacity, however, my status shows Out of Office...Which I am not. Not a good look in an enterprise environment. Nothing happens when I manually change it. This is basic functionality, here. Kind of sad really.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was having the same issue. I logged into Outlook via Office 365, changed my status there and it updated my status in Teams.

Feedback and Knowledge Base