How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

748 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

223 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • L White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not working. Skype for Business shows the correct presence but Team Site does not.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still an issue.
        While logged into Teams, I can see my own status change from "Available" to "Away" after about 3 minutes of inactivity!

• Gianni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still a problem for people in our office. Most of us have multiple monitors, and Teams sometimes seems to mark people as "Away" when the window is not active, even though they're still at their computer.

• Trevor Styler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This remains an issue with our clients who are finding it hard to make the transition to Teams and puts into question their evolution to Microsoft's other cloud-based offerings in O365.

My company recently switched to using Teams from using Skype, and I have also been frustrated by this bug. From reading the issues, this has been around for months and doesn't seem to have been seriously investigated. I am working on a Mac, but my team who works in Windows also has the same issue, so it appears to be platform independent.

• Justyn Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suphatra, we have got to get this fixed. We use Teams but now rely on Jabber (of all things) to know the presence of our... Teammates. Every patch release I check to see if it's working and it's never resolved. Please move this up in priority before my team loses faith in the product.

Definitely still not working. Need to emulate the SfB activity notification.

• Manish Shokeen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams show me "Away" once I stop chatting. When can we expect this issue to be resolved. As far as I know this sis a known issue but it's solution hasn't come yet.

Consistently having problem with my profile not showing as available when I am and am actually clicking/typing in Teams. This is a common problem everyone in my organization is having problems with.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for having it work like Skype and also interface with Outlook if a person is in a meeting

• DJC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trying to migrate away from Slack and Skype, and the way the Status indicator works now is COMPLETELY USELESS...sorry to be harsh....but it is a joke. Simply put, the way it works in SKYPE is how it should work...why fix what was not broken, please fix!

Half our team is marked as offline even though they are chatting to other people on teams.

I am marked as away even though I am clicking on people in the app within windows.

• Len Krygsman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are just starting to look at teams and, with a completely fresh deploy as of yesterday, we are seeing this problem, too. The status of team members doesn't update until you chat them, which rather defeats the point.

• Justyn Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes still broken. Please look into this because it's a severe viability issue in pitching this to my company for wide adoption. I'd love to replace Jabber but accurate Presence is an absolute must.

It seems that my status shows Away until I actually interact with Teams UI, then it takes a minute for it to update. Same for other team members - they show Away until I IM them then they respond, and turn Available.

would like it to work like skype - interfacee with Outlook calendar and also detect activity

• Andrew Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still broken. I just sent a chat to two Team members, joined, and they both responded, but their statuses are listed as Away. They are clearly not Away.

Hi, still happening for the team. For example, if a team member was on a Teams call after hanging up, it still appears that they are on a call (red status)

• Dev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just went back over to Teams and I was listed as Away, but was typing in Outlook. Skype for Business had me as Available.

Hi. Same is happening for our team. We often see incorrect statuses on our Teams and in such cases a user with incorrect status might not even getting messages sent in a private chat or a group chat.

Feedback and Knowledge Base