How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Incorrect status in teams

We have noticed that our Teams statuses are consistently incorrect. Even when some team members are active in Teams they are shown as "away" or "offline". For example, although I can see that my status is "active", my colleagues see my status as "offline".

Can you please fix this bug?

725 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

215 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike O'Neill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still happening. I don't know if my status in teams has ever changed unless I change it manually.

• Etienne Gelineau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Except for one of our users, everybody have "Offline" status in Teams after migrating from Islands mode (Skype for Business and Teams) to Teams Only migration. Nobody can change their status and all the Office tools can't display the status. Status is wrong in Outlook too. If we go back to Island mode for one user or the entire organisation, the status is getting back to normal (but we don't want to use SFB).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mine I logged in Skype for business through mobile but never used.later uninstalled but now in PC it shows inactive from mobile instead of
        away.what to do ?

My Teams status only changes if done manually and doesn't link in with my Outlook calendar like Skype4B does. Is this likely to be fixed soon as we would like to roll out Teams, but this needs to be working for our Agile staff?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure my status in Teams has ever changed, clearly something is not correct.

• DA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook doesn't appear to update unless the Outlook client is closed after teams status set with a / command in teams.. like /away to /busy or /busy to /away... I set the status in Teams, then exit and restart Outlook and the status updates. So annoying.

This used to work but in the last week stopped working and I'm stuck on "Away"

Request from users to show Teams status of "In a meeting" during the time when a meeting is scheduled in their calendars, not "Busy" as it does now. Also, when Outlook Out Of Office (OOO) is enabled, the Teams status should also change to Out Of Office during that time. It should then change Teams presence to "Busy" at time OOO is set to disable. The exception would be that if a meeting is scheduled in their calendar at the same time OOO is set to disable, then change the status to "In a meeting".

• Brandon Ashey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please fix this bug. Status is always listing users as out of office. External users cannot send messages to offline users. Major productivity hit.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm stuck on Do not Disturb and don't even have a dropdown when I click my picture to change my status back to available. Typing /available in the command box says it sets my status to available, but the icon and warning bar say I'm set to DND.

My Status is stuck on Away and my whole team /other teams with Teams appear Offline. Nothing seems to change this situation. We also use SfB and that is fine, but these applications in our O365 are now totally out of sync. It looks like Presence Sync was supposed to be resolved in the April Update but that doesn't seem to have remained.
        Has there been an update that has caused this to break??

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see this is being worked on hopefully actively. I have the same issue with a minor twist - in that Teams will not allow me to change my status to any other option - it's perpetually stuck on out of office - even when I'm logged in have a free calendar and my Skype status is set to available. I'm not sure where it's getting the status from but if I cannot modify it by sitting in front of the computer and manually changing it it's a bit concerning.

• Tomáš Cink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My status is still Offline. I can't change it to online..no way, but when I start Skype For Bussines status change according skype.

I'm only commenting to help others. I too had the OOO issue where no matter what I had set my status to, it kept the OOO displayed. Turned out a meeting/appointment on my calendar had my status set to Away, which automatically puts OOO in Teams. Annoying, but the fix is to either 1) change the availability in the meeting/appointment or 2) remove the meeting/appointment from the calendar.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please address this. We are being forced from Skype for Business to Teams through Office 365. However, Status does not work reliably. It is causing real issues for our customers.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base