How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

full screen only one person from the call

On a call with more than 2 persons, unless someone is actually presenting his/her screen, the screen is usually split between the others on the call. Its always a split screen, up to four seperate window. But if someone uses its web cam, lets say to show us a white board... we can't make that specific person's web cam presentation full screen.

365 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alex St-Laurent shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found a workaround when I hit this issue. It looks like you can get fullscreen video in this scenario if you use the teams web app (which is 98% the same as the desktop Electron app) at https://teams.microsoft.com instead of the desktop app.

• Kevin Booth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really liked and used the Skype functionality that allowed the individual presenter windows to be popped out/undocked. The only drawbacks were that they did not have a maximize button so the user had to drag the border to stretch it and resolution was lost.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are looking to use room based cameras and mic's. It is fine if you have 4 people because the 4 screens are all equally shown in landscape mode but any less than that you don't see everyone in the room which is in portrait mode.

It would be great to be able to PIN a specific Video. In our case we are looking to use room based cameras and mic's but when you join the meeting half the people in the room get cut out of the video because it reverts to Portrait Mode. Its fine if you have 4 people because the 4 screens are all equally split on screen in landscape mode but any less than that you don't see everyone. Having the ability to PIN the room camera so we can see the whole picture would be ideal.

• Alan Machado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must, Not only would it help to focus but the speakers screen is cut in half depending on monitor sizes

• Akio.K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is necessary for deaf person.
    Because they need to look well face and mouth to understand what other said.

• Liz.B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Google Hangouts has this functionality to put the person we need to view as the focus. It is a requirement of any video meeting app in business, I really hope that this is considered soon.

• Stu Bysouth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we push further for user acceptance, this one is coming back to bite us more and more often. Can't wait for an update.

• Nathan Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or, more generally, let the user select/tile/close(minimize) what's shown during a meeting.

eg: I want to see BOTH the live video of the presenter and what they are sharing.

I cannot do that currently. I either see the live-video of the presenter and 3 useless avatar windows of people in the meeting, or I see the shared presentation, and tumbnail of the live-video at the bottom right (with all the other avatars).

• ohad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ryan Hoss recommended to stretch it . which works very well with two screens if you set the other screen to be as if it is to the side and below the other screen so u can drag it diagonally and it will take the whole screen

Currently in the midst of an implementation of Teams and ran into this issue during a live update for the whole of our business. Rather embarrassing. Please add this feature

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature!

Please allow you to pop out any user or screen share to maximize or place on a second screen.

We have many meetings where only one uses a web camera. All others attending is an icon. Being able make the web camera view larger is needed. Please make it so you can pop it out and place it on a second screen. It would be very cool if I could have the web cam on one screen and their screen share on a second.

• Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been looking at using Teams for long distance training purposes for the added security that O365 provides. I need to be able to broadcast a training presentation (video) in Full Screen to participants rather than have the Host presentation on 25% of the screen, at best. As the Host, I want to be able to have the ability to mute and disable video of participants. I'm surprised to learn that Teams does not have similar features as Skype or Zoom provide. It seems to me that Teams is only functional as a Video Conferencing platform. I'd be happy to be advised otherwise!

I am trying to switch from Zoom to meetings. Not being able to full screen video is a deal breaker. Its THE most important feature. I've spend around 4 hours on support calls with Office 365 and 3 of our tech people. Every call starts with us explaining that we are trying to "host" a meeting and that requires full screen video. The support tech is always confused by this - goes away to find answers - schedules another call - and then we start all over again. I have wasted SO much time and money to be told today that it just isn't possible. I'm baffled!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base