Add ability to lock wiki
For certain teams, we would only want a couple of people to be able to edit the wiki page, with the rest having view only. Or at the least, a way to track and approve/ reject proposed edits.
Thank you Anonymous below for the manual workaround - I was just about to look for one. I discovered that Guests (as in, outside users) can edit a team's Wiki, which is no good for us.
100% need this feature to be easy to implement
If you want to do it manually for now you can.
1. From the channel within the Teams app, here in called <channel>
2. goto the files tab
3. select "open in sharepoint"
4. once logged in and loaded to the document library, select site content on the left menu
5. click on "teams wiki data"
6. for the <channel> you want to restrict to view only for members, select it, do not enter it, just have it highlighted
7. on the right you should see the permissions side panel open.
8. select manage members
9. toggle the <channel> members from edit to view only
this is an interim measure until MS sort this out to be nice and simple from the teams interface
Romain Lagrange commented
Absolutely need this feature!
Agreed! Anyone come up with a good work around in the mean time?
Great feature request we would absolutely want this
Great feature request! Totally we need this! asap!
Marco Dal Moro commented
Absolutely second this one!!!!
Bill B commented
This would be great, anyone without permissions could maybe 'suggest edits' where if they can make an edit and request a change...
Scott Korvek commented
Would love to be able to lock the wiki from editing after we are done with a page- so that it can be used for meeting minutes. It's great for collaborative editing during the, but once we're done, then we want permanence of the result.
Rajesh Kumar commented
Yes this feature is needed as not all the users should be able to edit the wiki.
Today wiki content can be edited by anyone.
Lock the wiki page editor with an "edit" button, so that the text is just text until the user chooses to edit it. The lock could potentially also only allow specifit users to edit the wiki.