How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Flow idea: Post to Team channel when SharePoint news item is published

I'd like Flow to post to Teams when someone publishes a SharePoint News item in a new modern communications site (or the team site associated with the Team, for that matter). That's technically a "file" in the Site Pages library, so I tried using "new file added" > post a message, and this was the best I could do. It created a plain text post (no hot URL) with a filename.aspx, which is really all the builder would let me do. I'd love to at least have access to more metadata like the Title of the news post, the author, and the URL instead of the file path. A dedicated trigger for News would be ideal.

33 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Slemp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tara Hammond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed! We have a modern page as an intranet and would like any News post to also post in a company Teams channel as well. Teams will notify people of the post, where the SharePoint news page will not.

• Chris Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Chris, All this stuff is available with the get list item and get list item metadata flow actions and you lookup pages by promoted state=2. Then you can add in a Post to Teams, need to use the Teams markup language stuff to get URL's etc. There is some kind of tool in the app store for Teams cards, I recommend creating those cards from the message post, so you can get fancy with the look. Other methods are using a webhook, posting that message to a webhook via flow, then subscribe to the webhook inside the Team channel which will get you the same thing with a card etc. But you get notifications.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.