How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Team directory

There should be a quick way of viewing all the public teams in my organization outside of search.

302 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matthew Wie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature. We've got 45k users migrating to Teams from Hipchat and no way to browse public teams to find them.

• Brendan Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought for the longest time we didn't have any public teams because when I went to the directory nothing showed up. Then I saw another coworker who when they clicked "Join at Team", had a few teams show up. Apparently there is an algorithm that is showing teams that it thinks you'll be interested in. I agree with others I'd rather have the ability to browse the list and decided for myself.

In addition the search is not very helpful. It won't match a word within a team name, but only if it starts with the name. So if I had a team called "American Football" and I searched for "Football", it wouldn't show up. It would be really helpful if both of these issues could get on the "In Progress" list. :)

• Stace Hamilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My new hires are continuously needing me to add them to teams as they cannot find them. Please add the ability to browse all public teams please. thx!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The join or create team view is misleading too - it does not give any hint there would be more Public teams available. It simply selects some seemingly random teams, letting people think only they are available.
        I'm sure every user of Teams would like to get this resolved - if they only knew there are more teams in their organization, outside their small graph bubble. Warren, please make this move up in the backlog.

• David B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot find public Teams! Cannot roll this out with no way to find public teams.

• Tamara Viles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I sympathize with Martin's previous comment. We are rolling out to 40,000 employees and this seems like an obvious and much needed functionality.

• Martin Sørensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to get done rigth now!
        Introducing Office 365 to an organisation of 5000+
        I am met with requests for this on a daily basis.

How is it possible that it isn't already done?
        Basic basic functionality....

• Geraldine S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, I think there are two components required:
        1)all public teams shown to users when they click on add team
        2) an easy way for Admins to see All teams created under the tenant (private and public)

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All public teams should be shown in a list when you click the Add Team button on the bottom. No fancy algorithms are needed to decide which teams to show me. Show them all and let me pick the ones I want.

• krhoades commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the text of the page read "Suggested teams - Browse and join any of the following public teams" without displaying any Teams on the page is extremely misleading. It leads the end user to believe there are no public teams available. This lack of a directory is holding us back from expanding the use of Teams in our organization.

• Michel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well... the only way (as far as I know) to find a team you dont know the (start of) the name for is to do a seperate search for each letter of the alphabet (and maybe numbers)... There should be a list of public Teams

• Robyn Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The search for teams should be a 'contains' search. At the moment it is 'starts with', which means that you often cannot find the team you are looking for unless you know the exact name.

• Stace Hamilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update to this change? Currently users cannot join public teams without knowing the name.

• Estolpe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And do this in the Mobile apps as well & general search as well, really important

• Quoc Ma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an Admin for O365, it would be nice if I can have visibility to all the Teams that has been created in our environment. Difficult to maintain or provide support when the Admin cannot even see all the teams in his/her environment.

• Ryan Marchant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very frustrating. Many users are complaining because public teams are not easily discoverable. The suggested teams page occasionally recommends a public team, presumably, based on signals. However, it doesn't show all public teams. Users can sometime fine the public team by using the search option at the top right of the suggested teams page. However, they are not always able to find the public team. There needs to be a way for users to browse all available public teams. I suggest having all public teams available to join on the suggested teams page. If you want to list recommendations from signals at the top, great ... but we need some way of browsing all public teams.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base