How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams app loosing connection

The Teams app is loosing connection and has to be restarted. This seems to occur when on a wired network connection or wireless.

21 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are having the same issue organization-wide 3000+ computers. It is random and very intermittent. As the network administrator I am getting tickets because it looses "network connectivity" but the computer in whole is online and operational. I have example log files I can submit for review.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It happens on my regular network connection - with better luck through my phone.

When I switch on my laptop, if there is not LAN connection (I have still not connected the wire, or Wifi is disabled), TEAMs starts disconnected and never notify me about this until I try to open TEAMS. The app should try for a connection every x minutes and/or notify user about that issue.

I find teams pretty much unusable on my commute to work, train based wifi isn't great. When connection drops, app has to restart, which it may or may not do. I don't have this same issue with skype. I want to use teams, but this is a 3 hour slot in my day when I am a team of one again!!!

• Neil Arrowsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's worse than that - i'm told that, if you have Teams minimised, the loss of connection is completely silent and you won't know it's happened (and hence will miss notifications) until you check.

Feedback and Knowledge Base