How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

762 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Max shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Warren responded  · 

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

91 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same need for our team, we started too many channels, and now want to consolidate without losing history. Incredible that Microsoft can't fix this with so many people noting the shortcoming?

• aramkiss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My organizing also has need to merge channel since we started reorganizing our teams site when we complete projects. This would be a great feature we immediately need. Please move up the priority on this item.

• Dyhrberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is an essential feature and should be highly prioritised.
    The way we organise in Teams is highly correlated with the company organisational structure. In bigger companies this continuously change, and we should be able to do so in MSTeams without loosing any history. This should be easily available for the individual teams admins on a channel level, and also across teams on a higher admin level.

• Mac Akpofure commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any updates on this Merging option or how to permanently delete a file once uploaded to Teams without having to keep replacing existing one.

• Anthony Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to seeing this feature soon! When you want to allow people to create channels on the one hand but also need to reign in how many unwanted ones get created, being able to merge & consolidate as opposed to delete the channel is important to our business

• mtrudel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is a must.
    I started a team and created a lot a channels.
    I now need to merge many of them

• Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And so it has been under review for a looooong time. Yet another vote. Guess people are just giving up on a solution coming.

• Matt Dotson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the biggest issues people have when starting teams is to create way too many channels. They need this feature to help get them back on the right track.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For our organisation it would be very handy to be able to merge channels. Once we are done with one channel, we would like to move the channel and all conversations in to another channel in the same team. Is there such a feature?

• Janie Szabo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress on this feature? I have a conversation tab within one channel that we do not want to lose but would be very beneficial to merge into another Team.
    Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.