How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Make Teams for Mac available in App Store/VPP

I love that OneNote is available in the Mac App Store, and it'd be great if Teams were too since it's also free. Deploying, updating and generally managing VPP apps is much simpler than having to package manually etc. This would make deploying Teams to our Mac departments much easier.

76 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hamish Edmondson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jaan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very helpful to have the Teams app available through the store for VPP like the rest of the Office apps on Mac.

• Tyrel Alastair Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be awesome to be able to update and install this app automatically using Apple Volume Purchasing program and Mobile Device Management. Currently creating and installing an App Package for teams is a pain.

• Craig Chambers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially since updating Teams requires Admin rights, which means our staff can't self-update without us adding it to our deployment packages.

• Peter Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. I have to keep finding the file I downloaded and effectively reinstalling the app each time I want to open it, clicking through messages about applications downloaded from the internet.

It works ok, but could be slicker and I'd like it in my Launchpad.

Feedback and Knowledge Base