How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Persistent Login/Notifications on Mobile

I have a bunch of users that leverage Slack and Google Hangouts for group collaboration and I would like to present them with Teams as an alternative, but I have a major issue that is keeping me from suggesting it:

The mobile app is too inconsistent for making sure that users will see messages. There have been many time when our IT test group will think they are good, but someone will call them and ask why they are ignoring Teams. When you pull up the app, you get the login screen instead of your conversations, only to sign in and see everything you missed.

I can say, 100% of the time, Slack and Hangouts will always be signed in and we will always get our notifications. This really is a deal breaker. A communication platform that isn't reliable to deliver messages is one that I can't deliver to my user base.

Teams has so much potential, please address this!

41 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Josh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  Warren responded  · 

Thank you for the feedback. This feature request is now being actively worked upon by the feature team. I’ll update this topic as we move along through the development.

Please keep the feedback coming. We appreciate all the responses.
-Warren

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anjo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please review this issue after the new update on the 25 jan 2019. Signing in is not possible on the Mobile app

• Kim Hyungki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have about 4000 people using Teams chat, and there are still a lot of issues with notification issues ... especially mobile notifications not working.
    Message-based communication tools are based on the accuracy of notifications. Please solve problems quickly and accurately.

• Carlos A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are seeing this as well in consistent notifications. Running a google nexus 6 running android version 8.1.0 and teams version 1416/1.0.0.2018081401. I also run google hangouts and whats app and i never feel like I have to constantly open those apps to confirm if i've missed a notifications, where as with teams I have to open up the app to confirm, as it's been so in consistent with both team and chat showing up.

• Christopher Rae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem fairly frequently. It seems to sign me out of Teams randomly, and I will often miss messages because of it.
    Please make it so we don't have to constantly log back into teams on mobile, or give us a persistent notification if we have been logged out.

• SH AW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

whether is persistent, or it uses SSO, right now, I login to email, login to Sfb, login to Teams, etc..

• TREVOR HANCOCK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like persistent 'logged in' notification on Android like Skype for Business offers so I know Teams is running.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams notifications is turning out to be a deal breaker for us as well. The mobile and desktop app won't consistently open when you start up, and notifications have no sound or alert. Usually minutes (or more) later, you get the message count on the desktop tray or mobile app, but users completely miss this and do not know they have a conversation waiting. We do get an email (much later) that we missed a chat in Teams, but the conversation is dead by that time. You really must get the notifications working consistently with Teams. We have gone back to texting....

• jason r. totten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not saying to rip off Slack, but since you _kind of_ are, you really have to up the notifications game as well as a blanket silence interval, etc. One of the nicest thing about Slack is that you get your notifications in a timely fashion, you can shut them off when you want, and there are a lot of microsettings you can make on the processing of those notifications.

Feedback and Knowledge Base