How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

View Followers of a Channel

For large teams and channels, I would like to see who actually is following a channel.
So when I going to write a new post, I can decide if I explicitly mention someone, or not, based on set of persons following the channel.

151 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ondrej shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like this feature added please.
    I have a lot of people in the team, but not everyone needs to follow every channel, and currently I have to @ each team member on certain channels so I can be sure they've seen the message - because I cannot see if they've followed the channel.

• Swithin Chandler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like this feature added back. (As I recall Teams used to have a way to to determine this. You could "manage the Team" and see how many people were following each channel. Then you could click the number and see the list of followers.) When added back, it would be preferable to be able to view it within the channel itself somehow.

My real-life use case is there are a lot of people in the team, and an email thread going around. Now I have to reply to the email thread with a link to the channel post because I have no idea how many of those people are following the channel. If I could see the list, it could save me (and everyone receiving it) an email and at worst I could mention those not following. Great product Microsoft. Keep making it better!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed!! I need to know who will get the notifications and who will not. I also Need to see if people have Favorited the channel so I know if I call out the channel everyone who needs to get it gets it. We have Teams that have about 250 people in it and they all need to be part of different channels but not notified for everything.

• cazh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate the other way around too (which channel I am following -> sharepoint, Following -> does not work for me), because for writing something in the channel I would expect every time the whole Team can read what I post.

• Kat Weixel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same struggle- we go to post a conversation but we don't know who has followed the channel. We often wind up @mentioning the team, which is kind of annoying to have to do all the time. Would be nice to simply check and make sure everyone is following the channel.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.