Integrate Planner tasks in global search
Along with the current message, people, and file search, our team would greatly benefit from the ability to search for a specific Planner task within the Teams top-left global search bar.
Some of our Planner boards are getting quite large and this would help keeps things organized.
William Whittle commented
The ability to search for complete tasks would help immensely.
We have 100+ tasks and it is impossible to use Teams now because we don't have a way to find or search the tasks. I feel Teams is only suitable for small companies with few tasks to manage. Also each task should be given an auto generated ID so that it is easy to find them.
David McKnight commented
Cross functional indexing came up in the Teams Tuesday meeting today. Being able to search for content between OneNote and the Wiki tab. I added the following...
Seth and Christopher, indexing content is a big deal. For instance, I'd like to search for a card we're using in the planner. The ideal way to do this is to simply enter a name or support ticket number in the search bar, but that doesn't work with the planner.
So here is the funky work-around we are currently using:
1) EVERY time a new card is created be sure searchable meta data (support ticket number, client name, person's name) is included in the name of the card,
2) copy a link to the card,
3) go to the Conversation tab, and paste the link. We have just self-indexed the planner card. Now when we want to find the card we
4) enter the person's name or support ticket number into the search bar, and it locates the linked conversation,
5) we click on the found conversation, and it opens in the conversation tab, where we now see the link to the related planner card and we
6) click on the link, which then generally opens the link in the browser, and asks us if we want to open it in the Teams web app or desktop app. We
7) click on the desktop app and
8) the appropriate card opens...
It would be SO MUCH NICER to be able to have the planner card indexed and searchable. BUT at least we figured out a way to do it while we're waiting.
John Edwards commented
I just can't believe that this is not possible! But it's probably related to the fact that you can't search in planner outside of teams either - another no brainer.
This is the biggest (only..) problem with using teams at the moment
This is really holding us back: impossible to search in planner as far as I can see, so we have to look through all tasks.
Spencer Stewart commented
Yes, this would be very helpful to our teams and how we manage each channel's Planner tasks. We're excited to adopt and use this, but lack of a global search that includes Tasks is very limiting for us.
Matthew Petty commented
Definitely needed. I've moved from a spreadsheet of tasks to MS Teams with a Planner tab, and the lack of search capability is crippling. Is search even available in Planner on the web?
All apps should be searchable, seconded.
Florin Lascau commented
All data from the apps that can be embedded in Teams should be searchable from the main Teams search. More than that, it's strange that an app that contains comments and notes does not have at least its search tool.
Doug Powell commented
Either in the global search tool and/or as a Ctrl-F function. I am not "mouse co-dependent" and prefer keyboard shortcuts when available.