How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Audio calling from browser

From day 1, there is no way we can make audio calls from the browser. This is a very much required features quite a few users use Linux and there is no way we can use Teams with them.

79 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Krishna M S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Krishna M S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

But we cannot share the desktop nor video calls work with chrome? When can we expect this?

Regards,
        Krishna M S

• Chris Long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried just loading Teams in Chromium (Version 66.0.3359.181) on Linux just now and got an unsupported browser error.

• Flavio Ortellao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A week ago I was able to make an audiocall with the HTML version of MS Teams, now that isn't supported anymore. We decided that MS Teams were suitable for us because of browser audiocall support, and now they dropped it. MS: THAT BETRAYING YOUR USERS

• Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important to be able to call directly from the browser

• Elric Hindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update: Our IT noticed this works in Edge and IE, I don't know how long this has been the case? But it doesn't work in Firefox or Chrome so no use to use as we use Linux (and the electron wrapper to use teams on linux).
        I'm still surprised there hasn't been more people bringing up this issue.

Just want to ping this again as i still see the option in the webinterface but it just says 'Comming soon"
        Either remove the option or please provide an update to what is happing with it.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also still waiting for this to become available !!!
        Skype (regular) worked fine for all platforms... Skype for Business is really ****, and almost non-existing as a working alternative on Linux.

So I had big hopes for the voice call in Teams...

The Web UI has has the buttons for Video and Call however these are still not available and have been "Coming Soon" for months.
        Given there is no Linux client this is critical to ours teams adoption and would be a suitable stop gap until a Linux client is available with video and calling.
        I'm posting this in a hopeful attempt that it moves up the list and gathers a response from the Teams support so we can see the progress of this feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base