How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Custom Group Categories for Teams

As I create more and more teams, I need to be able to group or categorize them. It seems like the only native groupings are "favorites" or "more". I would like to be able to create other categories. Once I get over 30 teams, grouping them into detailed categories is going to be imperative to stay organized.

585 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like Teams, and will love it when I will be able to sort, classify, group by categories.

• Jose Rodriguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Complete agree with the overall idea. There has to be a better way to manage teams - i am currently in about 30 different teams within my organization, each time someone adds a project or some other activity that I am involved with I end up having to add it to my list and it makes it overly crowded and easy to miss important notes. The whole idea of teams is to collaborate better than currently applicable with Email; but as more and more projects are added or other activities it is creating a mess. Simply hiding some of these is not practical as some of these projects are long term...

• A McPherson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams has changed the terminology to being "Your Teams" and "Hidden Teams". More categories are needed, ASAP

• Antonis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple visual grouping of all available Teams would be greatly appreciated

• Micha Kampe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company is starting to transition more and more into Teams. It certainly has a lot of cool and better features than Skype but organization/categorization is lacking big time. I've come up with my own way of organizing and grouping teams by creating 'placeholder' teams. This is NOT ideal by any means but the only way I know how. It would be FANTASTIC for Microsoft to come up with a better way of doing this. Please prioritize this

• Shaun Tukuafu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are about to start using teams and this is one of the first things i looked for. Very surprised i have no ability to categorise groups.

Our managers are part of many teams, and it gets hard to keep track of everything. If they could group their Teams the way they want to work, this would be a huge step in helping them work more efficiently.

• Natalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see this functionality. I have a cluster of Teams set up for our IT team (projects, network, HR/admin, printing, etc) and it would be great to be able to link or cluster these so that it is clear that there is a relationship between them. I am going to make the central SharePoint site behind the Teams a Hub Site with the others as satellites, but it would be great to have similar functionality for Teams.

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please add this functionality. Our company love MS Teams, but without cub-categorisation we have to scroll down the teams we are assigned to. I have 20+ teams. Thanks!

• Kim Beals commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates Warren? Microsoft says they listen but we have not heard anything on this very important topic in months. Please fix this before it becomes a deal breaker for many.

• Mr Nigel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear MS, Teams does NOT have feature parity with SfB until this feature is implemented. \goto is not an acceptable way of managing 100s Teams.

• Jörg Hubacher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are going to integrate all our supplier into Teams with external users as well.
    We really need a way to categories teams, like e.g. A, B or C Suppliers.
    Because we deal actually with more than 250 vendors clarity is lost.

• Ginger Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide an update on where this is in the review process. I have a user that it took 20min to move a new team up his list of 120 active teams. This is a big productivity and usability hit.

All we need is a possibility to add our own "staple" in order to group teams (...next to the two defaults "Favorites" and "More"...

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base