How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams doesn't recognise new audio devices being plugged in

There is a bug that USB headsets are not recognised if they are plugged in after Teams has started. The list of audio devices doesn't change even once the OS has recognised the headset and it is working, so there is no audio in a call. The only way to get Teams to recognise it and work with it is to quit out and restart the program, then it works fine.

72 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian Coombs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Aijaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Microsoft, any fix for this? The problem is with any regular audio plug in headset. I have tried 3 headsets that week to work fine with Skype, GoToMeeting and other programs but Teams does not recognize the audio pluged in mic. I connected with my BT and that worked.

Give all the issues logged on this, how about a fix Microsoft?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having same issue on Android Note 9 and now trying to figure out cause. Headphones work on all other applications. This occurs whether headset is bluetooth or plugged in.

Discovered that apparently Team considers earbuds as headphones under the speaker section, at least on my laptop. My earbuds seemed to work fine once I manually switched to headphones.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

teams lost my mic from my headset and so i killed the teams app entirely with task manager then plugged my headset in and restarted teams. Still no joy. I had to just use chat until the meeting was over today. Other devs are having similar issues.

I'm having a similar issue. On android, teams won't recognize when I plug in a wired headset OR when I turn on my bluetooth headphones. this is a HUGE issue and makes it unworkable! you should really fix this!

• D'Artagnan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having all kinds of troubles with connecting my Jabra bluetooth headphones to Microsoft Teams. Headset works fine with Skype for Business and most any other app/web page but Microsoft Teams is hot or miss. Seems to work more frequently on MS Teams when placing an outbound call as opposed to receiving one but fails more often than not overall.

On Android when connecting a Bluetooth headset it was recognized but teams was unable to switch to the Bluetooth output. When changing it would automatically switch back to the main speaker.

• Unsatisified.w.Teams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Jabra Speak 510 call controls don't work with Teams. For example, when ending a Teams call I cannot simply click the hang-up button on my Jabra device. I have to go find the Teams screen on my PC and hang-up from there. Same with answering calls.

Will this be fixed?

• Matt Hopkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

doesn't even recognize a device even after a restart!
    iPad Pro 2 + Apple USB Cam Connection Kit + Sennheiser USB phones,
    All other apps work with the phones and mic
    There is no gear icon in Teams on the iPad to route the audio to the correct device

• kroonr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interesting, I had this problem too. Had my default sound set to pc mic and speaker but, apparently there is another sound setting in Teams called "Audio Devices" where I had to set it to "PC Mic and Speakers" even though the fields below that clearly list Speakers and Mic as already set to PC speaker and Mic. I find it confounding and disturbing that Microsoft cannot develop an app that uses their own Operating system default settings.

USB Headphones work just fine - just not in Teams - rather embarrassing. Everything works fine in Skype...

• Fountainpenracing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also unable to use my bluetooth headset with Teams. This is a bit ridiculous don't you think?
    Everything works fine in Skype.
    This is a major flaw and definitely needs to be address ASAP.

If you have Skype and Teams on the same desktop, and use Skype, you then can hear nothing in Teams. If you exit from Skype, the audio in Teams will work again.

• Bishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are getting this error "your microphone isnt working connect a different device or try reconnecting"

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I seem to be having a similar problem in Teams on Android.

There is no place to change which microphone is being used, after connecting my bluetooth headset. This makes Teams horrible to use. Even restarting my phone and connecting my bluetooth headset before starting Teams did not resolve the problem.

Please fix this! Just take a look at how the competing mobile versions of GoToMeeting, Skype, etc. work. It's not brain surgery!

The problem is still actual. One day my teams stops to see the Platronics USB headphones. I can't even connect to any voice chat using desktop application. By using online teams app via browser it works fine. Restart, reinstall and disable of the skype - nothing helps.

• yuniloc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You might need to have the device plugged in before you start teams so that when it loads the audio device is loaded

I'm using both Teams and BSkype on the same computer via headphones with a mic.

BSkype has no issues, while in Teams I have an option to use either PC Speakers + PC Mic or Headphones(speaker) and PC Mic, but no option to use Headphones MIC!
    People are always complaining that sound from me is very low. As soon as I switch to BSkype - all is perfect.

Also Teams doesn't recognize if headphones are plugged in during a call - I use standard 3.5mm jack. BSkype recognizes no problems.

Hi I am using a Plantronics Savi 740 which Teams recognizes, but neither the speaker or mic work, I can flip over to my PC speakers/mic or a Jabra puck and they both work. Made sure my Savi has the lastest firmware and still no go, please advise. I also logged out of Skype and even went so far as to stopped Skype via the Task Manager thinking there was some sort of a conflict. Also, made sure I have the latest version of Teams.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.