How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Clicking on a OneNote file result after performing a search returns "Sorry, we couldn't find your file."

I can navigate to the notebook via the OneNote tab, I just can't open it from the search results.

43 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mike Driscoll shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TradeIT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem - 5 months seems a long time to fix basic functionality. Not much point in surfacing OneNote results in search if users can't see them.

• Tim Crean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I opened a Premier case on this and was told that it is a known issue with search and OneNote files in Teams. Premier case # is 117082316228758, if anyone wants to reference it.

Basically, I was told that MS Teams DEV-OPS is aware of it and it is in their backlog of requests. The OneNote file lives in the Teams SharePoint site in a library called "Site Assets". Search in Teams seems to be using a broken URL to get to that OneNote resource.

• Serge de Klerk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. It's great that the Search feature find the correct OneNote, but when you click on the search result, you receive the error "Sorry, we couldn't find your file."
        It should take you to the actual OneNote in Teams to make the search functional.

• Tim Crean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are having this exact same issue in Teams client and in browser. It only seems to impact OneNote documents, as Word and Excel files open just fine.

Feedback and Knowledge Base