How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Timestamps for really EVERYTHING

Please reopen the original "Timestamps for EVERYTHING"
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17691118-timestamps-for-everything

You have ignored request from the second paragraph
"Also team meetings should have this too", meaning timestamp, not just date.

189 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JozefJozef shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  SuphatraAdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

Hi everyone — can you add more details as to exactly what you want for the time stamp on meetings? Do you mean that you want to know when someone created the meeting, and when other people accepted the meeting invite? Where would you want that information to populate — or where do you expect that it would?

Thanks for the info, and your patience while we review this!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. Time stamps gives us the ability to see when we added a comment, commented on a Planner workflow, etc. Gives us the ability to follow up reasonably from management standpoint/perspective.

• Andrew KrammenAndrew Krammen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to see timestamps (hh:mm:ss) for every message sent or received, not just for the time a contact initially started talking.

• JozefJozef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I would prefer to see meeting start time and duration, but I guess this format wouldn't be consistent with format which you already have for "one to one" calls.
        So I think it will be enough if you provide meeting end time, exactly as in "one to one" calls.
        There is no need to make it more complicated with timestamps for accepting and leaving meeting.
        Thanks

• mallenmallen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something I wish Teams had that Consumer Skype did really well - when I wanted to copy/paste what someone said in another chat, the timestamps carried over in the copy/paste text. This feature is especially missed since we don't have a good way to archive or export chats. Please enable the Chat timestamps to be copied and pasted.

• Paul WatsonPaul Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important for us. We currently use Slack for our global support for incident management. We track troubleshooting steps, incident update, etc. in a #incident channel and then use those comments later to create our Incident Report. Without a timestamp it is impossible to accurately track the incident timeline.

Feedback and Knowledge Base