How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Change initial tab

Right now, the Conversation tab is the initial tab in a channel. I would like to put my Planner tab as the initial tab, so everytime I open my Channel, the first thing I see is the Planner tasks. I can only arrange the new tabs, but the Conversation, File and OneNote can not be changed nor deleted.

89 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Luis Diego shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SHANAKA NARANPANAWE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to make the associated SharePoint home page as the default tab. this gives us the opportunity make the user to land on the home page when they open a team or specific channel.

• Thomas Davenport commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, I want to be able to re-arrange tabs. Mainly I want to have the planner show up as the first tab, the others don't matter so much. Pinning conversations to the frontpage is useless to me.

• Desiree Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have the ability to change the initial tab in a channel!!

For instance, if you want the Wiki page or a file to be the first thing "landed" on when a team member goes there.

That would help focus direction when needed!

• Cris Vaccariello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be possible to define the starting tab instead of "Conversation", since not every team need the communication tab as main-hub. Re-arranging with drag&drop is an additional advantage.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several channels where I am the only user/participant, so it makes no sense to have the Conversation tab as the default initial tab in these channels. For optimal workflow I want the Planner tab to start up first. So being able to cutomize tab order (individual ordering of tabs per channel) would be a big help.

• Tom Hoglund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can understand not allowing developers to delete the Conversations and Files tabs, but please give us the ability to reorder all tabs including Files and Conversations.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.