How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Change initial tab

Right now, the Conversation tab is the initial tab in a channel. I would like to put my Planner tab as the initial tab, so everytime I open my Channel, the first thing I see is the Planner tasks. I can only arrange the new tabs, but the Conversation, File and OneNote can not be changed nor deleted.

87 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Luis Diego shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SHANAKA NARANPANAWE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to make the associated SharePoint home page as the default tab. this gives us the opportunity make the user to land on the home page when they open a team or specific channel.

• Thomas Davenport commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, I want to be able to re-arrange tabs. Mainly I want to have the planner show up as the first tab, the others don't matter so much. Pinning conversations to the frontpage is useless to me.

• Desiree Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have the ability to change the initial tab in a channel!!

For instance, if you want the Wiki page or a file to be the first thing "landed" on when a team member goes there.

That would help focus direction when needed!

• Cris Vaccariello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be possible to define the starting tab instead of "Conversation", since not every team need the communication tab as main-hub. Re-arranging with drag&drop is an additional advantage.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several channels where I am the only user/participant, so it makes no sense to have the Conversation tab as the default initial tab in these channels. For optimal workflow I want the Planner tab to start up first. So being able to cutomize tab order (individual ordering of tabs per channel) would be a big help.

• Tom Hoglund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can understand not allowing developers to delete the Conversations and Files tabs, but please give us the ability to reorder all tabs including Files and Conversations.

Feedback and Knowledge Base