How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Transfer active call between devices

Transfer an active call in Teams from my phone to my desktop and back. This for comming back at the office or leaving the office.

87 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jan Willem Heuver shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also be nice to be able to view a shared screen from an alternate device during an active call.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a key feature to be able to transfer a call to my mobile to take a sensitive call away from my desk.

• Stephen Cunliffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Teams on my phone and PC. When I get an incoming call request - I answer on my phone as it is the most intuitive device to take a call. However if the person is calling me because they want to go over something technical and wants to share their screen... I'm stuck. I end up having to tell them to call me back, and this time I will answer with my PC instead (and unmute my mic/speakers) so that I can view their desktop. It would be super awesome if there was a "call in progress" on my phone, if the desktop UI showed an option to join in with the "shared" screen if the caller starts doing so.

• Kurt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to able to be able to answer a call on my mobile and seamlessly transfer it to my softphone/desk headset when I sit back down at my desk. Or vice versa.

• Michael Kulpa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Further to this, I had a situation where I wanted to be on the call from my cell phone but share a desktop from the desktop app.
        Obviously this get's quite complicated very quickly but if it was possible to conduct a call on one device while sharing a desktop on another that would be very impressive.

Feedback and Knowledge Base