How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Audio call recording in Teams

How about recording an audio call when initiating a Teams call, similar to how Skype for Business does ?

293 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Murali shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Nigel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hah - I'm so surprised this isn't included already. Just went searching for how to enable it and I found here that it's not a feature yet. Added my vote!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality is needed for compliance, creating a meeting just to record a call is not productive.

• Alan H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @Warren..
    I know MS are developing this. Could you please find out the latest on this. This is a critical piece for our Telephony place.

Can you comment on two fronts

1) Recording normal Teams calls but also the Telphony Teams Call recording.

We would like to know the status on both of these.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Crucial functionality. Please add.

We want to use this with Call Intelligence in the Dynamics 365 Sales Intelligence package, but ironically we cannot configure our Microsoft Teams phone system to record calls for processing by another Microsoft product.

• Ziad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customer requires this for compliance purposes. When do they expect to have this accomplished? 1

• camgam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here for certain users
    its, for compliance and legal purpose, the only thing missing for us to switch

• James Wrubel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be tremendously helpful and beneficial to have that feature and option
    Please let me know when that will be available ?
    Thanks

Jim

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this, we have multiple customers who need this for compliance. Can't expect customers to move from Skype to Teams without this.

• Dillon Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our organization is having difficulty following MS's rule of recording support calls due to this missing feature.

• Jake Laurie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This a key requirement for some of our users, especially those working with the public.

Is there any update on when this will be developed / rolled out?

• Jared LaMunyon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need the ability to record all calls in teams on demand. We have all posted notices that it can be recorded and so would like to keep that if we move to teams. This is all that is holding us back.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.