How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

utilise less system ram. Currently it runs at more than 100% more than any other app running, including Skype

17 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 80+ users of teams and have had too many complaints about the high memory usage. Many users are reverting back to Skype as this does not have the same issue.

Currently I have 5 team processes consuming a total of 416 MB. This is a big issue for a company wide roll out.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. In an RDS environment, it consumes way too much RAM and doesn't scale at all. I can only allow 2 or 3 users to run it or it will quickly impact system performance.

• Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also experience this problem. This application is running too hard.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is a symptom of sloppy programming, which is also evident in the sluggishness and long bootup time of the application.

• Joel Elliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My taskmgr currently shows that Teams has 6 processes, totaling 407 MB of RAM; and this is much less than some others in my office.
        By contrast, my Chrome browser, an infamous memory hog, has 9 processes totaling 298 MB of RAM.
        If you want customers to have a full suite of Microsoft products open, they need to start using less resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base