How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

utilise less system ram. Currently it runs at more than 100% more than any other app running, including Skype

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 80+ users of teams and have had too many complaints about the high memory usage. Many users are reverting back to Skype as this does not have the same issue.

Currently I have 5 team processes consuming a total of 416 MB. This is a big issue for a company wide roll out.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. In an RDS environment, it consumes way too much RAM and doesn't scale at all. I can only allow 2 or 3 users to run it or it will quickly impact system performance.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is a symptom of sloppy programming, which is also evident in the sluggishness and long bootup time of the application.

• Joel Elliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My taskmgr currently shows that Teams has 6 processes, totaling 407 MB of RAM; and this is much less than some others in my office.
    By contrast, my Chrome browser, an infamous memory hog, has 9 processes totaling 298 MB of RAM.
    If you want customers to have a full suite of Microsoft products open, they need to start using less resources.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.