How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Make Teams web app available in Safari

I receive a message hat is coming soon...any updates?

191 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it just one person working on this as a side project or something? Surely it's not that hard... Especially seeing that here's the workaround...

Go to Safari > Develop > User Agent > Google Chrome - macos.

Works!

So again, what's the hold up?

• MGre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the problem with Safari such that Teams is not browser independent? I saw also that the current version of Firefox was not supported yesterday. What kind of web technologies is Teams using that prevent Teams to be browser independent.

If Teams is browser independent, that would be a major improvement for me.

• Peej Maybe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given up waiting for this. The app is actually clunkier than the web interface which makes Teams a bit of a bust for our largely Mac-centric administration teams. Most won't switch away from Safari to other browsers and we've still never had a good reason why this doesn't work in Safari (other than MS and Apple being like a pair of kindergarten kids bickering over a biscuit!)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frustrating that Microsoft Teams is unavailable on Safari, especially if someone does not use Google Chrome/Firefox.

A release sometime soon would be great. It's 2017.

• lll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make Teams better like butter so that potter is the new putter of Microsoft apps.

- Subhatra @skptra

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

months and months... i don't call that 'very soon' . Our team has started using Slack despite an entire company roll out to Office 365....

• Claudio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its been several months... can the developers qualify what they mean by soon?

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that an app needs to be downloaded instead of this working in a Mac's default browser is a real barrier to sharing documents in my team.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base