How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Make Teams web app available in Safari

I receive a message hat is coming soon...any updates?

191 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tommiy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately disabling ITP mode appears to only work with 10.14.3. With 10.14.4 teams is still inaccessible.

• Evgeny Zaritovskiy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Chris, I got into the Preview program somehow and my Teams are working in Safari just fine now. So I guess it will go public quite soon.

• Chris Weiser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for working on this! I know macOS is a small sliver of Teams usage, and users demanding that Safari have support (rather than just clicking into Firefox, Chrome, or the Teams app), but I'm happy you're still looking out for us. This will likely get me to use Teams more, as I had been just waiting on emails to tell me to load the tab in Firefox. Safari is my always-open browser with my usual utilities.

• Troy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

someone wrote

"Frustrating that Microsoft Teams is unavailable on Safari, especially if someone does not use Google Chrome/Firefox.

A release sometime soon would be great. It's 2017."

WHAT A JOKE, IT IS 2019!! and still no teams on mac safari..... now it seems it will be rolling out in the coming weeks.... probably months.... and there is some mumbojumbofiddling to be done to het it working still...

Amateuristic

• Peter Gnemmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As suggested by the support engineer in case number: 13033134, I am sharing this information.
    Currently, web-based Teams doesn't work with Safari on a Macintosh.
    I did a pretty straightforward workaround, but we shouldn't have to demand this of end-users.
    Changed my User Agent from "Safari 12.0.3" to "Google Chrome–macOS" [had to turn Developer mode on] and allow third-party cookies.
    [Note: Teams breaks in actual Google Chrome on my Macintosh regardless of whether third-party cookies are allowed or not.]

Since the workaround is pretty simple, it stands to reason that Office365 could be similarly, easily tweaked so it would just work without special browser configuration.

• Joe Tinker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WE WANT UPDATES ON THIS ASAP. AS AN MSP PUSHING MICROSOFT, WE NEED THIS FOR OUR MAC CENTRIC CLIENTS. RIGHT AWAY!

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams doesn't work in Safari and drag-and-drop for OneDrive and SharePoint isn't supported in FireFox. There isn't one browser I can use with Office365. Very frustrating.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Updates? Critical feature. This and full support in Chrome.

• Milind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren - can you please provide a planned GA date for Teams WebApp on Safari?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base