How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Create Planner Task directly from Conversation Item

Many times while working with my Team in conversations, we create actionable items from our work together. It would be AMAZING if there was a small icon in the top right corner (next to the saved icon and the thumbs up perhaps) that would allow me to turn that conversation line directly into a planner task, linking the two together! Think about how much more productive we could be, plus, we cut down the step of having to copy and paste into planner itself.

96 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott Spiro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tried creating this in a flow, but was unsuccessul thus far. Much needed option.

Yes! I'm so surprised this isn't available. I didn't see an option to create this in a Flow either.

YES! We would love the ability to create a Planner item directly from a conversation, or anywhere else in that Channel. If we were in OneNote, it would be helpful to be able to tag something with a To-Do and it would automatically create an Action Item in Planner. Or, perhaps we could use /Action to automate the create of a Planner item rather than having to do separate steps. So, again, from within a Conversation or OneNote or Wiki... using /Action and @mentions you could create a Planner Item and Assign to a team member.

My team also also asked for this functionality. Many times team members will be asked to do something in a chat thread. They then need to go into teams and manually create a task time so they don't forget to do.

Feedback and Knowledge Base