How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Access to Team chats for external Skype users.

Cannot add external Skype for business users for collaboration in Teams

241 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eduardo Romero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to add external Skype users, many customers only use that kind of accounts. Do you know when is's gonna be ready?

• Martin Dalle Mura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone knows about new updates to Teams in this topic? when can add a external Skype users (not corporate Users....)???, real S4B, include Hangout, Skype Free, External AIM, etc... ..... regards...

• Wes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of my users will be okay with Teams; the OneDrive files and other cloud storage are accessible. Some want to add their personal OneDrive and that does not appear possible. The contacts populate okay and the phones work. There is no Skype search and questions around external contact inclusion abound. There is concern around Meetings and integration with Outlook. Outlook Groups add easily but not automatically. We used to be able to drill through to individual contact cards and even update the Outlook contact. If Teams does that, I have yet to discover it. I know, spaghetti, spaghetti, all over the place; and we get to look forward to MS upgrades. And I just talked one of my clients into moving to 365 because skype4b was so useful among other productivity apps.

• Axel Pawlowsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Team is rubbish!!! To speak with the world it is absolutely necessary to use Team with normal Skype users.

• Öner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kurumsal skype müşterilerimiz ve iç ağımızla iletişimde olmak için seçtik şimdi teams bu hizmeti vermiyor. :) gülmemek elde değil. Microsoft a olan ilgim kırıldı. lütfen biran önce düzeltin.

• Sean Kearney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BTW.... I *DO* really like Teams.... I just want to see a lot more "Seamless". Imagine if you are NOT a tech.... a regular human (think somebody's Grandfather who hasn't touched technology). Test like that.

Seems silly but I have to do the same thing when I explain technology to non techs (oh right... this only makes sense to me because I think this way) :)

• Sean Kearney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Big challenge is If you are "Teams" formerly "S4B"

Cannot initiate conversation to S4B customers
    Joining a S4B meeting is a manual and painful process for customers if they are on Teams
    If you have S4B on computer (Most Office 2016+ customers do) it defaults to full client but does not work properly.
    Process needs to be more seamless.

• Mehmet ACAR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to chat or video conference with external Skype users. In the current situation we should use different accounts and different applications for this process.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We used Skype for Business to stay in contact with our customers using regular Skype. So this is gone now and with this our Surface Hub is now unusable... We really need to have this feature included in Teams, so that we can communicate with regular Skype users!

• ilys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i need to chat with costumer user, not we are not just b2b but b2c too

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone have any info on this? Forced fix via powershell or anything like that?

• Roberto Cocchiararo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it that teams can’t CHAT with externals (Skype, S4B or Teams) if there are options on the admin panel to enable that?

• Azhar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently in Teams, there is no option to chat with internal on-prem skype/lync users aswell. This is stopping us from modifying TeamsUpgrade policies for our users.

• Venilton Lataro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bom dia.
    Queria dizer que seria interessante se a MS desse condição para que o Skype conversasse com o Teams até que a migração aconteça 100%.

• Andy Duggan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of businesses still use the Standard version of Skype because the Skype for Business was so poor in its functionality.
    Teams looks very good but it must be able to add people not only external to the organisation but that are on Skype General.
    Is MS going to be looking into this possibility ?

• Raghvendra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can a small business flourish using Teams if the regular Skype members cannot chat with you. It’s going to be hard to sell this product..? Any timeline for a suitable change in the teams..?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base