How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Sound is too low and other sound problems

VOLUME:

The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

CUSTOMIZE SOUNDS:

Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.
In addition – on commercial skype you could actually set sound notification channel or chat by channel or chat. Some things you want the bing – others it is just an irritant.

MOBILE SOUND

With all the different apps on the phone being able to customize the notification sound is important to ensure that my team can reply quickly.

RINGING

Please make calls have a ringing sound, so I know a call is coming through.

DIFFERENT SOUNDS

It would be nice to have different sounds for private chat and notifications, so that its easy to know what's coming in without having to look at it.

1,160 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Trevor Madge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

245 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Timmothy Frink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My team members have been asking for this. One is not always glued to the screen and need to be able to hear notifications.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't hold your breath. Microsoft never makes changes that users want, they think they know what is best for you.

We've been using Teams for about 5 months now, and sound is the single reason we HATE it.

I might be great for managers and executives who just check in from time to time - but in a front-line environment where this is a tool used real-time for a large group of people, it's horrible.

Sound is too low no matter how you adjust it and messages are not being attended in a timely manner.

Sound randomly stops working all together for no reason and only rebooting PC will resolve.

This matter has supposedly been under review with developers for more than 6 months now with no updates or resolution, so I guess it's not too important that we be able to use the program effectively.

Considering a return to S4B.

• TJR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like the last update is almost 6 months old any additional feedback here; as we prepare to move off of S4B to Teams this is the biggest detraction we hear from our end user community.

• mr no commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The notifications are horribly problematic for this program. We were forced to switch from Skype to Teams and are regretting it already. No one can hear when they receive a message. MS says they have been working on this for a long time. How hard is it to add a feature allowing for a different notification sound? Not worth the switch.

I've been missing important messages because I can barely hear the message notifications even when the sound is up all the way! Please update this asap. Make the sound louder/adjustable!

Sep 9, 2018 is the last time the admin responded to this request. Is there any timeframe yet? The notification sound in Teams is ridiculously quiet and 90% of the time, I have no idea I have a message until I actually LOOK at Teams.

We have users, in our company, who are not sitting in front of their computers, so they are reliant on loud tones for chat notifications for example. Otherwise they are not able to respond in a acceptable time.

This makes it necessary to be able to change or adjust the notification sounds.

This is a basic feature which should be in the app from the beginning, deeply disappointed.

• Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide the ability to increase the volume of the notifications sound. It is currently so quiet as to not be useful.

This feature has been ignored by the Teams dev team forever now. Despite how much we ask for it, it seems they simply don't care to add a feature that should've been included in the first place. Hundreds of replies, tons of topics on this and it's been years since they said they'd fix it. Probably some of the worst customer service i've seen for people who all want a small feature added to a program. Stop ignoring this and add it in already, everyone is sick of waiting for you guys to do your jobs and give us features we need.

I agree! I would love to have the ability to change the notification sounds. It would help to better decipher what the alert is for and to better hear it.

Yes, this needs to be added to Teams. I have already had questions about this from coworkers requesting a louder/different notification sound in Teams.

Same issue. Hard of hearing and never know when someone is pinging me. PLEASE FIX!!

• Bob Segrest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not just add Team Notification sounds to the list of Microsoft sounds in Windows 10? Then people who want/need something "more obtrusive" can simply edit the sound.

I'm new to Teams and I really like what I see. But it's all useless if it can't my attention when someone needs me.

• Bruce Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using Slack for one of my projects and trying to use Teams for another. I never miss a Slack notification, but I almost always miss the Teams notifications due to the low volume / subtle sound. Please enhance this capability to allow for configurable sounds and volume!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base