How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Sound is too low and other sound problems

VOLUME:

The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

CUSTOMIZE SOUNDS:

Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.
In addition – on commercial skype you could actually set sound notification channel or chat by channel or chat. Some things you want the bing – others it is just an irritant.

MOBILE SOUND

With all the different apps on the phone being able to customize the notification sound is important to ensure that my team can reply quickly.

RINGING

Please make calls have a ringing sound, so I know a call is coming through.

DIFFERENT SOUNDS

It would be nice to have different sounds for private chat and notifications, so that its easy to know what's coming in without having to look at it.

940 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Trevor Madge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

187 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lisa R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Windows, Skype appeared as an application in the sounds control panel, and different events like call ended, incoming call, and incoming IM all could be configured with different WAVs. I would like the Teams client to do something similar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE MS, WE NEED SOUNDS DURING SENT MESSAGE. WHAT VERSION IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS?

It is truly unbelievable to me that this thread has been going on for more than 2 years about this issue, with hundreds of people complaining about it. and Microsoft STILL has not addressed it. We are new Teams users, and I love the basics, but this sound problem has already caused myself and my team to miss several important messages. I can't believe that MS would not address such a simple, basic issue as this. They are releasing updates about all sorts of high level features and partnerships and integrations, but they are ignoring the voices of the front line users who are actually trying to use their product. As many have already mentioned in this thread, MS already has this capability built within Skype, so its not like they need to start from scratch writing the code. This should be a relatively simple fix, and yet, here we are over 2 years later, and still nothing. I had to get my team to buy into switching to Teams, and one of the reasons I gave them was that MS was clearly investing in Teams and wants to be the leader in this space, but this simple issue gives the exact opposite impression to myself and my whole team. PLEASE MICROSOFT, LISTEN TO YOUR USERS AND GET THIS FIXED ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Please give us a few other sound options for louder, more obnoxious rings and dings. I can barely hear when people message me. I'd like to have it scream "Incoming Message" when I'm involved in a conversation but the sounds in the office (and white noise generators) drown out the (low ****) chat sound.

• Philippe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds is too low, notification go away too fast,
        Justification:
        In today world a work station might have multiple screens, and when you are working on smething it is nearly impossible to catch the notification as it go away too fast.
        Plus not customizable make those notification useless.
        People walk away from their screen or have something else to do or are doing something else, a possible customization would be helpful.

• marife xyneza dulay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i hate how they removed the best feature i loved in skype, wherein you can customize the notification and tell you who just sent you a message. Please bring that feature back!!!

Everything is under review...For how long? Why did you push this App out without this basic functionality?

• WILLIAMS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

all you have to do is allow us to change the sound setting on our computer. it is not that hard to allow someone to pick their own sound.

Can barely hear other participants in Teams Meetings. Skype for Bus meetings with same systems works fine. Please improve the sound volume in Teams meetings.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base