How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Sound is too low and other sound problems

VOLUME:

The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

CUSTOMIZE SOUNDS:

Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.
In addition – on commercial skype you could actually set sound notification channel or chat by channel or chat. Some things you want the bing – others it is just an irritant.

MOBILE SOUND

With all the different apps on the phone being able to customize the notification sound is important to ensure that my team can reply quickly.

RINGING

Please make calls have a ringing sound, so I know a call is coming through.

DIFFERENT SOUNDS

It would be nice to have different sounds for private chat and notifications, so that its easy to know what's coming in without having to look at it.

1,495 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Trevor Madge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

289 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need better sound options, especially for priority notifications? Knock me off my chair when I get one, it's a priority!

• Nessa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to notice when we have a Teams message, sounds need to be adjustable to be louder and ideally having the icon flash -- or otherwise draw one's attention visually -- would be great. Skype worked great, Teams is a total disappointment so far - no one seems to notice that I've "same-timed" them.

Please make this a priority, speed up the process of fixing it! Just knowing it is "under review" doesn't provide any assurance of a speedy fix. Thanks much.

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One other point about sound, for some reason during Teams call my headset volume is painfully loud. It's on the lowest setting but I can hold my headset away from my ear and still clearly hear the discussion. This happens only on Teams calls. Volume controls for calls are a must, please.

• Amber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Communication is a vital part of our business, including after hour notifications and where we cannot customize the sounds to properly alert us, we cannot be successful. TEAMs does not work for a communication solution for this feature alone. With the number of users requesting this change, it should be a priority to address. What will it take for this feature to move past the “review” process?

• Lorena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still under review? It's horrible to work with Microsoft Teams without sounds for new messages.

Skype was better for this. So I think to use another application to discuss with my team, I'm really disappointed from microsoft .

All this time, anyone can adjust and add somme sounds in Teams??????

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unless I am at my computer I no longer become aware of an incoming call. I used to use Skype and the ring volume was great (never a problem). Why such a disparity between the ring and voice volume? So now I am considering a work around for my internal team. Initially the call needs to be made with Skype so that my people hear it then hang up and then use Teams now that I have their attention. So Stupid and easily fixed, I might add.
    -Sean

• Louis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should be allowed to control the sensitivity of the micropone wihtin the APP, as in Skype.

Also we should be able to allow the sounds of notification, example a call, on speaker and separate the communication device. The option is ready with windows, but cannot be used on TEAM.

What is the name and path of this sound file please? And the file extension if it's something else than .wav or .ogg ....

Why is this still under review 2 years later? At least people have snail mail to fall back on since we can't hear chat notifications!

• Darin Hamilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree with these comments. We just switched to Teams from Skype and I can not hear the notification from chats or calls. It tone is so subtle and quiet, I just can't hear it. I will miss all of my calls and messages unless my eyes are glued on the corner of the monitor on which the banner appears.

I hate this conversation! Manager – “Are you there?” … “Did you get my message?” … “Why are you not replying?” … “What is going on?” … “RINNNNG”. Me – “Sorry I was talking to someone else and missed the Teams notifications”. Please fix this soon! The sounds for new chat messages are to low relative to other sounds.

• Helena B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jut started u sing Teams today.........and have missed about half my chats cuz I can't HEAR the sound byte. All the users I have checked with at my company using Teams have the same complaint. We need options with the sounds....and the ability to change sounds, customize them.....turn them on or off...... the current sound options are ridiculous. Come on, Microsoft.....this has been a complaint regarding Teams for a very long time now. I miss Skype for Business.

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I hear a sound notification when someone sends me a chat? We just installed Teams and I do not hear anything when someone sends me a chat message.

• F. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another time that is about an entire year that we have any feedback. My lord: a simple wav/ogg or something else to choose in a mobile device, not reinvent the rocket to the moon!

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to change the alert sounds for desktop and mobile is crucial. I work in healthcare and the biggest complaint I get is that the sounds are too quiet. I have made a powerapp that is connected to microsoft teams. The powerapp is used to show an overview of the department and to send alerts depending on patient status. When there are status changes for a patient, depending on the status selected, it alerts either the physician or the support staff. Notifications to the individual physician to their mobile device is of the utmost importance. If they miss notifications patient care is affected.

See attachment for powerapp dashboard.

Please Please Please NOW NOW NOW

We switched from Slack to Teams, and but now we regret it just for this reason alone it seems. No one is happy, as we all have to open and close all day long of miss them all together because we can't hear them.
    Please fix!

• Alan Whitten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My goodness!! This is taking a long time to review. I don't see a .WAV file anywhere with that sound in \windows that I could potentially hijack. Registry? Maybe? People are getting twitchy (action, not a chat program)

• SQuilliams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have poor hearing and don't hear certain tones at all if there is any background noise. I have missed several chat alerts because the sound is so quiet.
    I was under the impression we could continue to use Skype for Business until July but last week it was taken away. Please give us the option of changing the sound like we had for Skype.
    It's unfair that I am missing important work chats, meetings and calls simply because I'm hard of hearing.

• Jason Trumpio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is it possible after over a year there still is no way to change the sound Teams makes on iOS?

In a day and age where busy people are pummeled by notifications it's insane Microsoft doesn't take this issue seriously.

It's as if the people in charge of Teams don't actually use it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.