How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Tag for status updates

Skype for Business supports tagging for status updates. It's a really buried feature, but one that is really helpful when trying to get in touch with someone. Would love to make this more easily available in Microsoft Teams to be better able to catch people as they become available (e.g. know when they come in in the morning, when they finish their current meeting, etc.).

653 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

matshe@microsoft.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

104 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SteveE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like Teams to monitor a persons availability status and alert me when they become available. This works kind of like an automatic redialer. It saves me the problem of monitoring someone's presence "manually" when I am trying to get in touch with them.

• Lynn Parsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this feature I don't see us moving from S4b to Teams as it is heavily used and makes communication more effective/efficient. We are trying teams but happily have S4b running to keep up on status.

• Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, status change alerts are very helpful to manage interaction and expectations. Have used those always in Skype (Classic), Skype for Business and other IM tools.

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base