How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Tag for status updates

Skype for Business supports tagging for status updates. It's a really buried feature, but one that is really helpful when trying to get in touch with someone. Would love to make this more easily available in Microsoft Teams to be better able to catch people as they become available (e.g. know when they come in in the morning, when they finish their current meeting, etc.).

653 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

matshe@microsoft.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

104 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please add this ASAP. Skype has it, Link has it, Teams is in the stoneage

I use this feature in Skype a lot. I am with the previous commenter I consider this a “must have”!

I'll chime in that this is hugely important for productivity - to be able to tag someone upon status change. I used this function in Skype DAILY as everyone seems to work a different schedule. This is a "must have"!

• Roger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work in a Software Development company following Agile methodology. This means that workload and availability are very flexible and changeable. We have a number of remote workers rather then being in one office space. This feature was really important to know when key contributors have become available / not available. Without this I have to keep tabs on them which is time consuming and often ineffective if I am engrossed in other work.

• matshe@microsoft.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a PM, this is huge--I use this several times a week when I have tough-to-track-down devs/PMs that aren't local to me (aka I can't just go stop by their office) and are frequently not available

This is a big one for me- this was available in Skype for Business, but not available in MS Teams. A real minus for MS Teams! Please put it back in!

with privacy laws you would have thought we could switch off this feature fully

Tag for status updates in Skype for Business is a popular option for our users - we'll need this for feature parity with Teams!

• Roy F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Status change alerts and external calls are the only two things I use SFB for now. I'll be enabled for external calls in Teams in a couple of months. I'd like to have status change alerts in Teams before SFB is removed (not sure when we will do that, but it is on our roadmap).

• Jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who wants to discuss things with very busy people I agree that this would be a great addition.

Definitely not a Must-have (just having tagging is much more important), but: I wish that I could tag someone for a question later and add note text. I often have multiple people that I need to track down at once for different things and would be great to tag someone, add a reason and then have that note reappear next to the status change would be awesome.

Very helpful feature when people on your team are in different time zones. Please add.

Hugely important--managing multiple projects with diverse constituents, this can be one of the only ways to get ahold of particularly calendar-heavy people. As I get deeper integrated into Skype for Business, this is becoming more of a daily driver for me (~2-3 year user of SfB)

Feedback and Knowledge Base