How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Tag for status updates

Skype for Business supports tagging for status updates. It's a really buried feature, but one that is really helpful when trying to get in touch with someone. Would love to make this more easily available in Microsoft Teams to be better able to catch people as they become available (e.g. know when they come in in the morning, when they finish their current meeting, etc.).

648 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

matshe@microsoft.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

104 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Swany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this so I don't have to use both Skype and Teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As per other comments - this feature allows me to catch someone when they free up from a meeting. This is an essential feature for geographically distributed teams.

• Susan Keck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for working on that functionality. I'm in a support role and use this function in Skype DAILY as does most of my team.

I currently have massive in-fighting within IT over if we push users to teams vs skype and its just this kind of stuff that kills momentum. Feature parity needs to be a priority.

• Adam Field commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also insane that it isn't available. It is absolutely *essential*. I use this feature probably a few times a month in Skype, or before that, in Communicator. Now they're forcing everyone in my company onto Teams. I'm really annoyed that now if someone is in a meeting or offline and I want to catch them once they come back, I have to remember to manually check their status periodically? That is... kind of terrible and distracting.

• Corbin Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is incredibly helpful for interacting with team members between scheduled meetings.

Cant believe this feature is not available, surely the feature came from PBX hardware and found its way to Lync/Skype. Used so much in SFB - need to know when people are available to collaborate.

This feature is extremely useful when trying to get hold of senior/busy colleagues

• Yury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is very useful. That's strange MS claims feature parity between SfB and Teams without this feature!

I talked to a senor person involved with the Teams development and asked him about the TAG feature and he said this is not how Teams works and they wont add it LOL. Head in the sand

I clicked the Feedback button specifically to request this enhancement. It is invaluable when trying to contact someone who is often in meetings or on the phone and I miss this feature of Skype for Business.

Feedback and Knowledge Base