How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Tag for status updates

Skype for Business supports tagging for status updates. It's a really buried feature, but one that is really helpful when trying to get in touch with someone. Would love to make this more easily available in Microsoft Teams to be better able to catch people as they become available (e.g. know when they come in in the morning, when they finish their current meeting, etc.).

648 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

matshe@microsoft.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

104 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

good grief; does anyone at MS do UI reviews?

So I have to add someone to my Contact favorites just to toggle whether or not I get notified of availability?

At least add the option to the contact brought up by Search.

Ideally anywhere I can right-click and get Chat | Email | ORgChart | VideoCall | Audio Call options, I should be able to toggle Notifications.

Come on.

To many unnecessary functions in new MS Teams/to much noise (the fact that it can be invent, does not mean it will be used) and then exclude a really handy tagging function ...however, when will this be available?

• Chris Love commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update with regards to testing. Acknowledge this would be a great feature.

• Karthik Nallajalla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Justin, it's released.In Teams, if you go to Chat >Contacts, you can right click on user and select "Notify when Available"

• Brian A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems there is a limit of only 15 contacts at a time that can be added to status update notifications.
    When I try to add any more, the popup notification I get is:
    "Failed to add a contact
    Can not add more than 15 contacts into th..."

No further details; clicking on the notification just clears it.

• Karin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recently discovered this feature and it's great! Happy to see it's coming to Teams.

It would be great if these notifications made a sound and those sounds could be customized for each Contact, like in Skype.

• Karthik Nallajalla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Stephanie, are you currently seeing "Notify when Available" option in Teams? I tried your steps but I don't find it.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Teams, if you go to Chat >Contacts, you can right click on user and select "Notify when Available" .. isn't this the same thing?

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams should include all the best features of S4B and then add NEW features that were (sorely) missing in S4B.

• anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THANK GOD ITS IN TESTING. THANK YOU SO MUCH. THIS WILL BE A WIN FOR TEAMS. I no longer have to have both skype and teams open at the same time.

• Eefje commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this feature in S4B. Where can I find the feature in Teams while we wait for the more easily available feature?
    Thanks, Eefje

• James C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happy to hear it's coming soon. Part of my pitch to my coworkers for switching to Teams is that it does, at a minimum, everything our current Jabber can do, so this is a welcome change.

Super important feature. I use this many times per day and not having it will be a constraint when moving form Sfb to Teams. Glad it's in testing... let us know when it's on the roadmap please.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base