How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Tag for status updates

Skype for Business supports tagging for status updates. It's a really buried feature, but one that is really helpful when trying to get in touch with someone. Would love to make this more easily available in Microsoft Teams to be better able to catch people as they become available (e.g. know when they come in in the morning, when they finish their current meeting, etc.).

391 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

matshe@microsoft.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is very useful. That's strange MS claims feature parity between SfB and Teams without this feature!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I talked to a senor person involved with the Teams development and asked him about the TAG feature and he said this is not how Teams works and they wont add it LOL. Head in the sand

I clicked the Feedback button specifically to request this enhancement. It is invaluable when trying to contact someone who is often in meetings or on the phone and I miss this feature of Skype for Business.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to add that this feature provides the capability of work place behavior control which is unlawful in my country (Austria) unless that special legal provisions are in place. I bet that there are currently 10 thousands of companies in Austria that are running Skype illegally....

I agree with all the discussions below, however it's very useful since I might be waiting for someone with whom I need to get in touch with but can't constantly keep a track of it, so with status tagging will come to know if he is back.

• Constantino Tobio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur with SB's comment from Dec 13. While I see the value of this feature, at the same time being stalked can be unsettling or annoying. Returning to my desk, and being hounded by IMs because I returned from away status is irritating. Allowing someone to opt out of being tagged for status updates would be an acceptable compromise.

• Monique Van Der Haar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential capability to catch people whose calendars are scheduled 2 weeks in advance. Email as a comms tool is snail mail. I use it to catch someone for a quick 5 minute catch up or context setup that otherwise without, stalls momentum on workflow.

• SB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Counterpoint - if you add this feature, please have a method for blocking people from tagging you for status changes. We run into a lot of stalking like messages the moment we log in for the day - very disruptive.

• Marty Erickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Status updates is a feature many of our company members really loved from Skype and miss in Teams. Really hoping this item comes back.

This feature was very important to me when using Skype. Please consider adding a similar feature to Teams.

Super amazed this feature wasn't included as a basic need when deciding what "parity" was between S4B & Teams!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base