How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Tag for status updates

Skype for Business supports tagging for status updates. It's a really buried feature, but one that is really helpful when trying to get in touch with someone. Would love to make this more easily available in Microsoft Teams to be better able to catch people as they become available (e.g. know when they come in in the morning, when they finish their current meeting, etc.).

592 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

matshe@microsoft.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Karthik Nallajalla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Stephanie, are you currently seeing "Notify when Available" option in Teams? I tried your steps but I don't find it.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Teams, if you go to Chat >Contacts, you can right click on user and select "Notify when Available" .. isn't this the same thing?

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams should include all the best features of S4B and then add NEW features that were (sorely) missing in S4B.

• anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THANK GOD ITS IN TESTING. THANK YOU SO MUCH. THIS WILL BE A WIN FOR TEAMS. I no longer have to have both skype and teams open at the same time.

• Eefje commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this feature in S4B. Where can I find the feature in Teams while we wait for the more easily available feature?
        Thanks, Eefje

• James C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Happy to hear it's coming soon. Part of my pitch to my coworkers for switching to Teams is that it does, at a minimum, everything our current Jabber can do, so this is a welcome change.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Super important feature. I use this many times per day and not having it will be a constraint when moving form Sfb to Teams. Glad it's in testing... let us know when it's on the roadmap please.

• Swany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this so I don't have to use both Skype and Teams.

As per other comments - this feature allows me to catch someone when they free up from a meeting. This is an essential feature for geographically distributed teams.

• Susan Keck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for working on that functionality. I'm in a support role and use this function in Skype DAILY as does most of my team.

I currently have massive in-fighting within IT over if we push users to teams vs skype and its just this kind of stuff that kills momentum. Feature parity needs to be a priority.

• Adam Field commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also insane that it isn't available. It is absolutely *essential*. I use this feature probably a few times a month in Skype, or before that, in Communicator. Now they're forcing everyone in my company onto Teams. I'm really annoyed that now if someone is in a meeting or offline and I want to catch them once they come back, I have to remember to manually check their status periodically? That is... kind of terrible and distracting.

• Corbin Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is incredibly helpful for interacting with team members between scheduled meetings.

Cant believe this feature is not available, surely the feature came from PBX hardware and found its way to Lync/Skype. Used so much in SFB - need to know when people are available to collaborate.

This feature is extremely useful when trying to get hold of senior/busy colleagues

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base