How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow global admin to be able to see all Teams (or sites) at one location or one page

It would be great from management point of view if we could see a list of all teams or their related sites from sharepoint at one location.
That way we'll know what all teams are there and it would be easy to navigate.

353 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our new Teams admin console now lists about 50% of the teams created in our tenancy (it does the same on another tenancy) listing about 80 when we have about 160. it would be great if we could have the first part working before moving on to the second. Our Prem support people say "it's working through the system" and can't fix it.

• General Global commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want a mechanism to have the permissions of an Owner without also being a member of the team. E.g. so I can go to the SharePoint site for the team and set Site Collection features and other such things. Right now I have to add myself as an Owner, make my changes, then remove myself from the Team. I do not want to be a member of over 1,000 Teams all the time. Too much noise.

• William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don’t know if this is what you are looking for but…

Using the example of a Teams site called testteam01 that has created a SharePoint site collection called testteam01

For new sites, teams and sharepoint, there will be a group with the same name as the site. Find this group and add yourself as an owner and you will be able to get in to the site.

If there is no group, or at least not an obviouse one, you can take ownership. For example a site called testteam01

1) Set-sposite -identity https://contosotoycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/testteam01 -owner youruser@contosotoycompany.com
        2) Go into the site as this user, youruser@contosotoycompany.com
        3) Site permissions from the cog in the top right
        4) Advanced Permissions settings
        5) Site collection administrators on the ribbon
        6) Add users and groups here

• Barry Drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Global Administrators must have admin permission to all sites in their Tennant. We now have dozens of sites generated by TEAMS that will never be used. Come on Microsoft fix this now

• IChan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Microsoft is serious about making Teams a success, then they need to provide Global Admin similar to SharePoint Admin. This will enable the support teams to provide the necessary assistance to ensure there is the least impact on productivity and a positive user experience.

• Mike Bourton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not manageable and should not be deployed as this quickly gets out of control. Think before deploying teams as your global admins cannot provide any service to users of team sites and will waste everyones time!

Teams seems to ignore the fact that the Network admins need to be able to Backup the document library. If we don't even know a team or site has been created unless we are added to that team, how do we know to back it up??

• Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

having the ability to "Sync" files within a team seems like it should be a priority. If my users create a team and have workin copies of files within that team, as the Network Administrator i am responisble for archiving that data. being able to sync it to a NAS is a must. or the users simply cannot use teams.

• Ed Benton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having complete control of Team and Group sites as an administrator is a nightmare. Users come to us with issues and we do not have access to the site for administrative purposes. It is very difficult to work with these users on issues to help them resolve them. The list of sites available in the preview is useless. There is no control provided there except for external sharing. Admins need to have access to the sites and be able to fully administer them.

• M Sterling Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The tenant SharePoint Admin role should automatically be primary admin of any SharePoint site including ones created by groups or teams or any other app in the eco system. otherwise what's the point of that role.

• Casey King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add my voice to this. I'm on the verge of rolling this product out to my users and I'm finding the administration of this to be the main hurdle to letting it out in the wild. Please get these features in as soon as possible as it's imperative to managing the product for our environment.

• Rob Soberon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must, especially in Education. Teachers don't have time for remote sessions. ServiceNow has an "Impersonate User" feature that Microsoft should emulate.

• Luis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Joe said, you can do the SharePoint Admin preview to get the list. Before seeing this, I ran into the powershell command below that gave me the list as well.

Open PowerShell

//*Connect to O365*// ** ADD Close quotation marks AFTER powershell-liveid/ **

$session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri "https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential YOURO365LOGIN -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

//*Enter after you're connected*//

Import-PSSession $session

//*Command gives you site list*//

Get-UnifiedGroup | Select DisplayName, SharePointSiteUrl | Ft -autosize -wrap

I agree we need a Teams administrator role just like the SharePoint administrator role.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office > Admin > Admin Centers > SharePoint > Try the Preview > Site Management

That will identify all the Team Sites (Teams use Team Sites), but currently there is no indication that they are Teams (some are simply Modern Team Sites).

This would be a great place to add an indication that they are a Team or have been converted to a Team.

• Conor McParland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We put in a lot of effort to ensure the patents aren't running the asylum. With no way for us to to manage anything in the backend, deploying this -as is- would be an administrative nightmare. Unless there is some form of control, this is going to be an internal IT app and never reach the main user base.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base