How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Stuck in a login loop after password change

I recently change my system password, with MS Teams is already up and running in the background. I open Teams to check new messages, and it locks the app with the pop up "Can you please sign in again? Sorry for any inconvenience. Login Now"

I click Login Now but all it does is restarting MS Teams and show me the same message. I am unable to re-authenticate. I've tried restarting the application, that didn't work.

I had to right click on the systray icon to logout and re-login. I should be able to re-login when the app prompted "Login Now"

160 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Karis Ng shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ramesh Hemlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Right side Taskbar -> Click show hidden icons.
        2. You will see Teams icon and right click Teams -> Logout and then try to login.

• Kathleen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More MS fun! How about you guys fix this? Here is how I fixed it. If you have Teams running in more than one place, you get into that loop. Log out of everywhere you have Teams running and you will be prompted to enter your new password.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Changed my Windows 10 domain password this morning, now I'm trapped in this very same loop. Pretty ridiculous design flaw.

i've deleted the msteams credentials, i've uninstalled teams. i can't re-install because it gets stuck "Go ahead and sign in..." splash - so frustrating

OK, to fix this I had to right click the icon on the task bar, and choose log out. It took about 5 times of doing this before it worked and really logged me out.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this problem right now. Just changed my password and now Teams is telling me:
        We need you to sign in! Either your password changed or the server needs your sign-in info again.

I click the Sign in button and Teams goes away. A few seconds later it opens up again and I'm at the same error/prompt window.

• Richard G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same thing after changing my company password, I rebooted my laptop and then it worked with no problem. Not a very good solution, the endless loop thing is ridiculous and a sign of poor programming.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New laptop, went to login via Google Chrome to download teams... when logging in I get a login loop.

• bbbb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolutely ridiculous error, and is occurring to me now. Right-click > Log Out from the taskbar doesn't work. Clicking Sign In (assuming it'd prompt for user/password) doesn't work. Quitting and restarting the program doesn't work.

Fortunately, the suggestion to delete entries in Credential Manager did work - but who knows what other effects deleting 22 entries there will have?

This is software you want people to take seriously as a Slack competitor?

• DD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ji's solution unblocked me; kill teams, nuke all the credentials in the Credential Manager that have "msteam" somewhere in the name, re-launch teams, and then you can sign back in.

• Dragan Babovic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate Microsoft deeply and steadfastly. Unfortunately I have to use Teams at my work, and I can't sign in on Android after changing my domain password. I am afraid to do anything on Win 10 because I can lose it there as well. This is one piece of garbage.

• Alyssa T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not using the client app and am having the same problem with the web login. I cleared all credentials from browser and credential manager, cleared cache, and other basic troubleshooting. I eventually rebuilt my local profile on the PC and still I am not able to log into teams. Are there any registry keys or is there a hidden config file or something that I can remove or fix?

Is there any workaround for Teams on Android? I've tried reinstalling Teams, even reinstalled all MS apps, cleared the app cache, but nothing helped. I can't login.

• Ji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Saw Morgan's post, he mentioned that Olaf Klein's solution helped.

Gave it a try, it did actually work.

1. close MS Teams
        2. open windows credential manger
        3. delete all msteam* related entries.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LogOut and deleting all credentials didn't work for me. Every time I launch it just hangs on the splash screen and says "Go ahead and log in.". It's almost as if MS is taunting me. Pure garbage....

• Joe Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just had this issue with Version 1.1.00.14359 (64 bit), the only way back was to delete all 22 teams-related entries from Windows Credential Manager. Right-clicking the system tray icon to say Log Out did not work, it has done in the past. Quite irritating...

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base