How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Save audio / video devices

On each meeting I have to re-select my audio and video devices. It would be good of those would stick, or if there a settings option to control that.

105 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please allow for saving audio profiles. ie. Sometimes I want to use my Plantronics headset. Other times I want to use a mic and speakers. If I could save these and click to change and also link them to locations like skype

• Rick Munoz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I definitely would like to see a "always ask prior to call" option to select the desired audio/video devices. Between home and the office, I switch between headsets and jabra speaker devices several times a day, including having multiple options 'plugged in' at any given time. There should also be a way of quicking chosing no audio (as I often use screen sharing to show my colleague sitting across from me.) I'I was also looking for a way to set the audio/video settings without making a call (to get to the gear icon).

BEFORE! As it is now, you have to fumble around with the other person looking at your silent movie.

• Ulf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please, make settings available before having to run into a wall first and only then be able to fix this.

• Jon Hicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gets my vote. There's also no way to change the default ringing device (e.g. to a speakerphone device) from within the app, as there is with SfB and no way to test audio settings.

It's incredibly frustrating that to change audio settings, you have to first initiate a call with someone.

(Mac user) When in a voice call audio is playing via speakers and unable to change it to headset, it works as expected when switching to skype

• CD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I use multiple devices and I want to make sure the device I intend to use is set before I place a call, like in SFB. It's goofy to set a device once a call is in progress.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use a KVM and every time I swap back to my work laptop the audio / video devices need to be selected again - I don't want to wait for a call to have to figure this out / remind myself

• Steve Minar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised that settings for audio in the Mac Desktop app (haven't checked others) were not available until in a video conference or call.

Also, the settings don't have an option to use the current OS selected audio input/output. So when I switch from computer speakers/mic to bluetooth headphones w mic, I have to switch both the OS settings (for general computer use) and switch Teams audio settings for Teams use.

• Chris Bardsley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree - I now use this everyday for work and the first call of the day involves me saying "Hang on a second while I re-configure my audio". Not the most professional start to the day ;)

Feedback and Knowledge Base