How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams needs a REAL Calendar!

Would love to have a Calendar to allow those in the same team to view each other's availability and whereabouts. Would make it a lot easier to create appointments/meetings.

The calendar could be a tab in a channel (so then you could have multiple calendars in one team) or could be an icon on the left app bar, instead of "Meetings" which is helpful to no one.

Could also be helpful to add a way for us to add a SharePoint Team calendar.

2,737 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Sorry for the delay on an update on this one! I’m hunting down the status for you and will update once I have it.

Also, if you are interested in participating in testing or surveys for this, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Suphatra

112 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jennifer McKinney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we increasingly use Teams for our projects, we find that having an integrated calendar that allows tasking and managing tasks to be more and more important. Unfortunately, planner does not do this well in our opinion.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to see a month view within teams to make sure we are not scheduling conflicts. Right now we can only see a week.

• David Hutcherson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a thing, except you have to log into the OWA to see it. I do believe being able to see it in Teams should be a thing.

Having a calendar in a channel and a view with all calendars grouped for a team would provide a unifying view of events or milestones relevant to the members. Integrating it with planner would tie actions to date and enable to monitor progress effectively.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to have multiple calendars for a team: one for projects, one for holidays, etc. Option to subscribe, so don't get notifications every time someone goes on holiday.

It would be helpful to be able to add an editable calendar to our channel as a team tab.

• Zane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a native Calendar tab. I am able to create a Calendar app in the Teams sharepoint site and embed it in a Tab as a WebSite tab but that could all be automated with a Calendar tab.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something huge that is missing is a group/team Calendar as a tab. I guess I could just pull in a website but I think it should be more natively integrated.

• Anna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Teams you can only schedule meetings. There is no way to display a small calendar (like the dashboard in Glip) nor a short list of upcoming events for the team on the left or right column. Having to tell a large number of people to link to a different tabs or go to groups to see the calendar is not ideal.

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base