How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams needs a REAL Calendar!

Would love to have a Calendar to allow those in the same team to view each other's availability and whereabouts. Would make it a lot easier to create appointments/meetings.

The calendar could be a tab in a channel (so then you could have multiple calendars in one team) or could be an icon on the left app bar, instead of "Meetings" which is helpful to no one.

Could also be helpful to add a way for us to add a SharePoint Team calendar.

2,737 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Sorry for the delay on an update on this one! I’m hunting down the status for you and will update once I have it.

Also, if you are interested in participating in testing or surveys for this, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Suphatra

112 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian Bolton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That sounds great. At some point having the option in MS Outlook to include calendar events in MS Teams would be awesome. For example, if you are working on a project with a group of people that schedule project meetings, being able to select a button in outlook while setting up a vacation day to include in the Teams calendar would be huge.

• Erik B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We utilize a shared calendar within 365 and Outlook in order to communicate agendas and staff scheduling changes. Is there a way to view a shared calendar from within Teams? This would be ideal.

• Deepa Komant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer not to go out to another system, and would find it really helpful for Teams to have a calendar to help manage projects.

• Erick Hutson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to get my team moved over to the Teams App, but I feel like the barrier to Teams is the lack of a quality Calendar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a no brainer...I really think Microsoft screwed up by not having this at the start of teams.
        Without a calendar, the app is nearly worthless.
        I think we are all sick of switching back and forth between apps, it's time for some unification.

• Danny Golding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The teams calendar should also, optionally, integrate with Planner so it can pick up deadlines logged in Planner.

Similarly it should be able to, optionally, display dates from the individual Outlook calendars of team members.

And it should also be possible to display a Team calendar within Outlook.

If team calendar is offered, than at least you should be able to view when someone is available or not. That means all free/blocked timings of that particular person have to be seen. If that is not possible there is no point in offering a team calendar for me. A work-around is not an option. You either offer a proper possibility and make it work or you don't.

Our users are frequently asking for a TEAM calendar! If Teams had a native team/group calendar to track all member's time off, bookings, etc - they'd be very happy.

• PJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has ben a request for some time now during our push to the business for Team adoption. If the Group calendar was available in Teams, (Channel or Tab) and setting Exchange Online attributes like BookIn Policy and AutoAccept were available, this would help the adoption rate. We love this product, but this would be the game changer for us. Thanks

• ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, kinda. Or, here's a brain storm, allow access and integration from the already existing outlook calendar. If you are in teams, then you have an outlook calendar, if a team event happens and you are part of the team it shows on your calendar, if you need to schedule something or assign something...it shows on your/their calendar. This should be part of the fundamentals, we should discussing getting the icon in cornflower blue, not WHY ISNT IT THEIR

• Benedict commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have Teams for Sales team which consists of 20+ business units, wants to share the calendars events/exhibitions, that including events/exhibitions from customer and supplier, by using Calendar. Unfortunately, no Calendar available in Teams. Make no sense since Teams is to bring the members for sharing information, communication and collaborate.

• Jesse Batey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the biggest thing in our Org aside from Video Conferences since we are multiple site and Corp plus Location all needing to work together and have a collective calendar between all the Teams we are on. Not sure why Teams cannot have a Group Calendar App and Tabs. Seems simple. Can someone from the Microsoft Team explain behind the scenes what the problem is and will this ever happen.

• Mark Burland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm struggling to understand how Teams ever got released without this as a core part of the product. I think it boils down to Groups being a product of the Outlook dept and Teams coming from Skype. The two departments (dare I say, teams) should really come together and work out their differences.

Feedback and Knowledge Base