How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams needs a REAL Calendar!

Would love to have a Calendar to allow those in the same team to view each other's availability and whereabouts. Would make it a lot easier to create appointments/meetings.

The calendar could be a tab in a channel (so then you could have multiple calendars in one team) or could be an icon on the left app bar, instead of "Meetings" which is helpful to no one.

Could also be helpful to add a way for us to add a SharePoint Team calendar.

3,207 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Sorry for the delay on an update on this one! I’m hunting down the status for you and will update once I have it.

Also, if you are interested in participating in testing or surveys for this, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Suphatra

121 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ryan Spooner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Always interested in surveys and testing that help to improve and shape the future direction of a product. I'll tweet you shortly.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Suphatra, nice to hear about update for calendar in teams. I am intrested in testing or file out surveys. I have no twitter, so please email me. thanks Sam

• Sachs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the "meetings" icon and it is really helpful. But a TeamCalender within Teams would be awesome.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update for the calendar? In its current form, we are unable to use due to lack of group calendar, and lack of more than 1 week view of future appts.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty much one of the very first things I went looking to add to our IT team, and could not find!

We currently have a "Call out calendar" created in Excel, and have that added as a tab. It works, but would prefer a real calendar solution.

Planner has a calendar view, which we thought about using, but have each "Call out" entry as a task is feasible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is more than two months old, this isn't on your roadmap.

Is this a feature that's coming?

• Tom Stockwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren,

Any update on this calendar thing? Eager for a solution here and am hopeful that something will be rolling out soon. Your last comments were nearly two months ago now. - Cheers! - t

• Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice if events in the calendar weren't called "Meetings" because sometimes it's not a meeting, it's a trip or training or vacation or a reminder or just time when you don't want to be bothered.

• Patti Heisler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's really a need for TWO calendars in teams: one where you can see everyone else's schedule to plan meetings and another to showcase events (excluding people's schedules.) I could easily use planner for the latter however Schedule (calendar view) is not the default view and there is currently no way to make it so.

• Robyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once it moves into testing we would love to have access in on the Education side to try it out. Happy to be a guinea pig.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a place for team members to set their availability. It would be helpful for scrum teams to know who is available when.

• Elicia Ferrer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be kept updated on this item as well. I work in multiple teams and my experience would be highly elevated by a combined calendar.

Feedback and Knowledge Base