How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams needs a REAL Calendar!

Would love to have a Calendar to allow those in the same team to view each other's availability and whereabouts. Would make it a lot easier to create appointments/meetings.

The calendar could be a tab in a channel (so then you could have multiple calendars in one team) or could be an icon on the left app bar, instead of "Meetings" which is helpful to no one.

Could also be helpful to add a way for us to add a SharePoint Team calendar.

3,854 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Sorry for the delay on an update on this one! I’m hunting down the status for you and will update once I have it.

Also, if you are interested in participating in testing or surveys for this, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Suphatra

135 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI, we do this by creating the Team calendar in the MS Teams associated SharePoint site. Once created grab the URL for the calendar page. Return to MS Teams, select the channel that you want the calendar posted to, select +, select website, name your calendar, paste the URL and save. Done :)

• James Emanuelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think we are due another update on this one. the meeting app is great and fits in well with meeting room equipment but a full calendar and ability to see shared and schedule is hugely needed to pull outlook, onenote and planner together.

• Jay M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams really really really really needs and easy way to show and use the underlying group calendar, the web url link work around is a ridiculous "solution" calendar should be a selection in Tabs. And to go along with this a separate calendar for each channel option is also a feature that should exist by now. These missing features are killing our adoption of Teams,

• Ken Pilkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also be sure to allow guest users the ability to interact with this calendar.

Still need guest user search!

• 重力子 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NEED THIS! MS Teams is an enterprise productivity tool with no way easy way for Teams to have a shared calendar. Come on guys! In our environment it is even more important that Wiki. Yet we get Wiki but no Calendar for a team that is on production side of things.

• Pete Cowley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I view more than just the current month in the meetings calendar?
    At the moment I can only view until the end of June and not beyond that.

The Office 365 group that you use to create the Microsoft Team now has a built-in calendar. Once the group has been created (which you can do from Outlook), It shows up in the left-hand pane of the Outlook window under your mailbox, labeled "Groups." Directly below that, will be another entry labeled "Favorite Group Calendars." Expand it out, click on the group name in question and Voila! a group calendar!

• msl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So close and yet so far. I can add a tab to a Teams channel and then put in the calendar using the URL, but there is no more List View. I want List View for this particular calendar! It's a bunch of future dates with many empty days in between. Is there a way to get it?

My company uses outlook group calendars. As a project manager I have one of them for each project allowing each project team member to invite other team members or to change a meeting that was created by another team member. I would like to use outlook calendars in teams or teams calendars in outlook.

Not sure if this is the same thing. Could you use a team/group calendar to build a synthetic calendar of any public- or team-visible appointments automatically? I realise this could be problematic for very large teams, but for teams with less than (e.g.) 10 team members, it would be a handy overview of people's availability.

• SWalter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see in another admin comment that Suphatra is no longer with Microsoft. This there anyone else that can give an update on this?

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would appreciate an update on the “go live” date for the Teams Calendar

• ... mn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than half a year back Suphatras comment was "hope to switch this item to testing the next weeks" ... we are still telling our users to wait but they are starting all kinds of cloud services for that already.

• Michael Getter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NEED THIS! MS Teams is an enterprise productivity tool with no way easy way for Teams to have a shared calendar. Come on guys! In our environment it is even more important that Wiki. Yet we get Wiki but no Calendar for a team that is on production side of things.

• Kevin S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update regarding this since @skprufo is no longer working at MS? Who is the contact?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.