How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams needs a REAL Calendar!

Would love to have a Calendar to allow those in the same team to view each other's availability and whereabouts. Would make it a lot easier to create appointments/meetings.

The calendar could be a tab in a channel (so then you could have multiple calendars in one team) or could be an icon on the left app bar, instead of "Meetings" which is helpful to no one.

Could also be helpful to add a way for us to add a SharePoint Team calendar.

666 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely a missed feature. would also like to see the team/group calendar be able to add in as a tab inside of the Team's app. would make it more convenient to click a tab inside the Team when checking team related events or due dates instead of opening another application.

• Jeff Sieben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup...make it easy for me to see any employee's calendar in Teams (assuming I can see their availability).

1. When RC or hold mouse over team profile, I have Email, Org Chart, Video call or Audio call...just give me Calendar on there.

2. When I click on Meetings, let me see the calendars of chosen employees.

Keep on making it better, MS!

• RogerB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm new to Teams... I absolutely cannot believe my teams calendar is not my primary Outlook calendar. this is crazy. I can only assume Teams was purchased by Microsoft, and shoehorned into Exchange/Outlook....

• Karen Kutz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm attempting to create a unit calendar for my classes that includes links to Teams assignments and/or Class Notebook pages in order to give students a broad overview of what will take place all month. A tab for Outlook or Mail would help tremendously -- even better, a unit plan app. We don't have assignments every single day -- sometimes we simply need a record of what we have studied and and an overview of what we will do in class the next week.

• Homero Leal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use case: when I add a new member to a group, the team events in the group calendar show automatically be sent/available to the new member of the group.

Is this it?

• Sherri Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd LOVE to have a calendar tab in teams for posting reminders, events, announcements and assignments (that do not need to be turned in online). It would also be great if all of the items added to each team's calendar would show up on one calendar for the student.

• Aaron Weaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

having a calendar just in teams as a tab would be amazing. This would create a simple way to see what the team has going on. With teams the whole idea is one place to see everything.

• Brian Bolton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just started using Teams, one thing that is missing is the ability to create a team calendar that will sync with team members Outlook calendar. The team member should be able to select the type of info shared to the team calendar.

I view Teams as being my 'portal' into Office 365. It's got my Planner, my SharePoint, my OneNote, etc....

What's missing is a personal/home 'team', which is just your personal section that no one else can see. Within it, you should have tabs for OneDrive, Outlook, Calendars, Planner etc... so you can keep all your MS tools in the one place.

I would like to be able to add a Class Calendar. Can I use the calendar in Outlook - It does not seem to recognize the url

• Kevin Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams has simplified everything else but team calendars. How can you call this an integrated solution when you cannot have calendars available for each team/channel? You guys need to seriously divert resources and time to resolving this problem. Its the missing piece to this product and a major issue for any organisation. I create a calendar entry in anything other than the default calendar in outlook and it doesnt appear in Teams at all!!! Only default calendar entries do.

• J P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an excellent option to subscribe to, so when we are working in Teams app, we can still see what is coming up on the calendar..

Every Team have a SharepointOnline Site.
        It will be so Usefull to Add a SharePoint "Team"-Calender.
        Stored in this SharepointOnline-Site.

• Finn Neuik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be good to be able to customise the window for seeing meetings - or at least be able to page ahead.

• Martin Kidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a calendar tab just to be able to add in a calendar from Outlook or SharePoint, even if it's not necessarily the calendar for that team but another shared calendar available within the company.

Adding an integrated Team calendar that can pull team members calendar items to Outlook

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base