How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams needs a REAL Calendar!

Would love to have a Calendar to allow those in the same team to view each other's availability and whereabouts. Would make it a lot easier to create appointments/meetings.

The calendar could be a tab in a channel (so then you could have multiple calendars in one team) or could be an icon on the left app bar, instead of "Meetings" which is helpful to no one.

Could also be helpful to add a way for us to add a SharePoint Team calendar.

2,187 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is more than two months old, this isn't on your roadmap.

Is this a feature that's coming?

• Tom Stockwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren,

Any update on this calendar thing? Eager for a solution here and am hopeful that something will be rolling out soon. Your last comments were nearly two months ago now. - Cheers! - t

• Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice if events in the calendar weren't called "Meetings" because sometimes it's not a meeting, it's a trip or training or vacation or a reminder or just time when you don't want to be bothered.

• Patti Heisler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's really a need for TWO calendars in teams: one where you can see everyone else's schedule to plan meetings and another to showcase events (excluding people's schedules.) I could easily use planner for the latter however Schedule (calendar view) is not the default view and there is currently no way to make it so.

• Robyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once it moves into testing we would love to have access in on the Education side to try it out. Happy to be a guinea pig.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a place for team members to set their availability. It would be helpful for scrum teams to know who is available when.

• Elicia Ferrer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be kept updated on this item as well. I work in multiple teams and my experience would be highly elevated by a combined calendar.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Warren, this is good news. But it is rather surprising how long this is taking. Surely, with all the expertise and experience of Microsoft, this shouldn't be a head-scratching "how do we go about doing this"request? As it stands, we are considering moving to other team collaboration software. That's how important a calendar feature is to us! Thank you in advance for some good news soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please work FASTER!! The need for a full functioning Outlook calendar is critical! Whenever you DO come up with it, please make sure we can import what we have had to "jerry-rig" in the meantime! We do everything in Teams so I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel when you finally get this working correctly!
        Definitely need a Team Calendar that can connect to SharePoint. Thanks!

• Mike Colombo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So far I am very happy with Teams. ONE centralized user calendar would be a plus, but so far you guys have done a good job. We recently ditched a work flow system in favor of Teams but it would be nice if you could actually create Tasks on a Calendar that could populate itself on the Planner, if that makes any sense. I don't really care if it interacts with SharePoint or any other system. I don't need a Calendar with so much stuff on it you have to spend a week reading one date.

• DZee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with M.S. below (May 31, 2018): PLEASE make sure the calendar in Teams is simply the integrated calendar view ala Outlook of all the team members and not yet another new calendar separate from SharePoint and Outlook.

It's tough enough to get people to put all their appointments on the Outlook calendar, much less creating separate calendars for each Team they're on.

Ideally, the calendar would show only free/busy time plus Out of Office/Tentative color coding for private appointments, but anything that invites the team shows up by name with details visible.

• Brandon Tidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren Glad to hear you are working on this - as we move forward, I assume we should be creating content on the group calendar vs a sharepoint calendar list?

• Carly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable that this wasn't one of the first things added for teams - also, why no SWAY app - that is a Microsoft product, so why no integration?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base