How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Teams needs a REAL Calendar!

Would love to have a Calendar to allow those in the same team to view each other's availability and whereabouts. Would make it a lot easier to create appointments/meetings.

The calendar could be a tab in a channel (so then you could have multiple calendars in one team) or could be an icon on the left app bar, instead of "Meetings" which is helpful to no one.

Could also be helpful to add a way for us to add a SharePoint Team calendar.

3,433 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
working on it  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

Sorry for the delay on an update on this one! I’m hunting down the status for you and will update once I have it.

Also, if you are interested in participating in testing or surveys for this, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Suphatra

124 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • msl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So close and yet so far. I can add a tab to a Teams channel and then put in the calendar using the URL, but there is no more List View. I want List View for this particular calendar! It's a bunch of future dates with many empty days in between. Is there a way to get it?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company uses outlook group calendars. As a project manager I have one of them for each project allowing each project team member to invite other team members or to change a meeting that was created by another team member. I would like to use outlook calendars in teams or teams calendars in outlook.

Not sure if this is the same thing. Could you use a team/group calendar to build a synthetic calendar of any public- or team-visible appointments automatically? I realise this could be problematic for very large teams, but for teams with less than (e.g.) 10 team members, it would be a handy overview of people's availability.

• SWalter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see in another admin comment that Suphatra is no longer with Microsoft. This there anyone else that can give an update on this?

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would appreciate an update on the “go live” date for the Teams Calendar

• ... mn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than half a year back Suphatras comment was "hope to switch this item to testing the next weeks" ... we are still telling our users to wait but they are starting all kinds of cloud services for that already.

• Michael Getter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NEED THIS! MS Teams is an enterprise productivity tool with no way easy way for Teams to have a shared calendar. Come on guys! In our environment it is even more important that Wiki. Yet we get Wiki but no Calendar for a team that is on production side of things.

• Kevin S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update regarding this since @skprufo is no longer working at MS? Who is the contact?

• Dustin T Waling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see there is something similar (more specific to O365 group calendar) on this thread: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16933204-include-office-365-group-calendar-in-teams

our users consist of multiple groups of 50-150 (incld: software eng., QA, Support, product owner/stakeholders, etc), residing in multiple international locations.

Even if there isn't an efficient way to show *everyone's availability or all group meetings, at least having a way for all members to post their time off would be great!!
    One idea I tried was with Planner, but I would need find a way to default the planner tab to the calendar view and hide the other views then instruct them to add a task for the time off dates, that would do the trick... anyway, there are feature already not far off, but not quite close enough to make it useable..

hi any feedbacks, our company is very interested and looking forward on this..

• daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A real calendar in Teams / SharePoint would be a great feature for our business.
    - Outlook/Exchange has it's user presents features, pulled from peoples calendar activities. Having this also cross into Teams/Sharepoint, as a (Last Month, Current Month, Next Month) view, would provide the team a quick glimps of availability of members etc.
    - having this team calendar also appear in a SharePoint Team or communications site. Would make use of intelligent automated availability based on user calendar activities.
    - And a feature that would be great would be a global "All user" availability calendar (probably wont work for business with thousands of employees), for smaller business, a portal (SharePoint) Hub/communications pages that can give an insight into Annual leave absentees etc would be perfect.

• TracyWallack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to keep all things private.
    So that, I prefer using paper calendar!)
    Something like https://onplanners.com/templates/calendars/yearly

Paper Calendar Benefits. For many people the paper calendar diary provides simplicity and flexibility to see the big picture, to plan, and jot down appointments and ideas. There is something about physically writing down a task or an appointment that helps our brains remember the task better.

• Pierre Thériault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're starting to explore and test Teams. We are looking for ways to have team calendar for specific topic. Our idea was to create meetings associated to a channel, which is feasible. However, we didn't find a way to see effectively those entries within a calendar view. We can only see the meetings appearing in the conversation, which is not enough organised. It seems obvious but I realise by reading this forum thread that I'm not the only one searching for a such solution.

The Teams and Office365 calendar has to act as a real calendar. With easy access and managable access, e.g. view and editcapabilities for persons and groups

I am also happy to help test. Do not have Twitter account for corporate use so please email me. Thanks

Thank you for the update, Suphrata. I am interested in testing though my Twitter is not associated with this account.

We plodding along in our use of TEAMS but have increased needs that includes the calendar. It could really accelerate adoption is we have an integrated calendar.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base