How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Non Persistent VDI

Support for Non-Persistent VDI. Currently Teams desktop App installs in the user App folder this means it can't be placed on the base image of non persistent VDI environments.

Are there any plans to provide an alternative install for VDI. Currently we are installing Teams at login for VDI users as a work around.

349 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Edwin Lloyd-Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nilesh Jethwa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need Teams to work in my non-persistant VDI's ASAP. Can we have an update on this please?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get an update please, I have it as a portable app and I noticed you can simply copy the folder to the root drive or any place on your golden image then launch it from there, but I keep getting sync issues always have to right click and sign out then sign back in to fix it.

• Buster F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in need of this also. The inability to use the app and approaching deadlines for Skype to Teams makes this a headache.

• Koen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The near future office click to run installers will be extended with the Teams client. Mind you this will use the same installation techniques unsuable for non-persistant-VDI. Please do NOT mark this uservoice as resolved as was done with the previous unusable MSI version when this version rolls out.

Any updates regarding the release date of this fix? Urgently need this for a 250+ users.

Also require this urgently. The current install method is very poor when you consider enterprise deployment. Microsoft?

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this, we are implementing and will be most likely limiting to the web client.

Seeking an update on this. I'm being pinged daily on when my users can expect a install of the full client.

Any update on this issue? no update since September from the MS Teams team it appears.

• ADam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suspect the acquisition of Fslogix is going to make this conversation more difficult. However - i think the teams product itself can decide they need some optimization(s) either way.

• Allen Stalker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a handful of clients waiting for this functionality. Any update on this? We haven't heard anything since Sept 9th...

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base