How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Move planner tasks to another team

We have created a planner tab in most of our teams. Sometimes a task on the plannerboard has to be moved to another team (e.g. next step on a task has to be executed by a different team), which now has to be done by deleting the task in the original team and adding one in the other team with copying data from the original task.

Possible solution: when editing a task it displays the teamname and bucketname in the left top. When you click on the name you can select a different team (only teams you are subscribed to), select a bucket within that team and optional select a member to assign the task to and click on a move button

308 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
partially done  ·  Warren responded  · 

Good news, this feature is partially done. :)

Planner tasks can now be copied to other plans. To copy a task, click on the “…” menu on the task. From there, you can select a different plan to copy the task to.

-Warren

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • sarnst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if I move the task I am assigned. instead of the person who really completed it :-(

• Chris Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on when we can copy an entire plan over to another team and not just one task at a time?

• Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

partially done ·

Reference comment below, copying individual tasks is not a partially done in my eyes, this would take forever (now if it was copying buckets that's a different story) is there anymore progress on this,

Warren responded · Sep 7, 2018
    Good news, this feature is partially done. :)
    Planner tasks can now be copied to other plans. To copy a task, click on the “…” menu on the task. From there, you can select a different plan to copy the task to.
    -Warren

• VRoth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

..Not only would it be nice to Move a Task from one Team\Planner to another Team\Planner ..but also have the ability to MOVE a Task from ONE Channel to another Channel within the SAME Team - without having to copy the task to the new Channel\Bucket and then delete it from the old Channel\Bucket.... (a drag and drop functionality with the ability to "copy here" or "move here" would be nice within the desktop view or web view too :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to set ut a template for planner including buckets and tasks, and be able to copy the full template to other teams. Is it allready possible?

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

does the full scope of the completion of this request include attachments and comments?

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once a Planner board has been created for a channel, it sems to be impossible to move it between teams.

A workaround is to create the new board in the new team, open Planner via the Office Hub (where you would see ALL your boards) and COPY tasks one by one from the previous board into the new one (right-click on task).

However, copying does NOT include comments and attachments ...

• Ian Caldwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to see that tasks can be copied to other plans! Now we just need a way to add/move/copy a plan that was created directly in Planner into a specific Team or Teams.

• Arild RP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a quick comment for you.
    I removed a plan from a chanel (not deleting it!) and created a new plan in another chanel. I chose 'using an existing plan' - and from the dropdownlist I used the one I removed in the previous step, and all tasks etc was there.

• Timothy Cocaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are some planner tab (tasks) that start their life in one team but for any amount of different reasons grows into something else and either needs to be shifted to its own\different channel or within another group. Any ability to shift the entire tasks tab to another channel\team would be welcomed.

• Pontus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great function to implement!
    Due to collaboration between teams it would be less administration to create new "local" tasks in each team area and instead send it to the team & assignee that should handle it

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base