How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Scheduling Meeting for Channel

When in the Create a Meeting window, you should be able add @CHANNELNAME as an Attendee of the meeting and all channel participants should receive a meeting invite...

43 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

John Wildes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Belinda Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree there needs to be an option to select all the team members of a channel. It is not efficient to have to type each individual person. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also the ability to have the meeting run within the Channel so that comments/ minutes and files can be added

• Roy F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted for this idea, but there a few tweaks needed. A channel doesn't have "members" it has participants and it has team members who may have favorited the channel, either of which is perhaps what people are thinking when they say channel members. If we had buttons to add all team mmebers, add channel participants and add Favorited members, it would be fairly useful. If clicking those adds someone I don't want, I can then remove them.

I discovered a way to easily add all or a subset of Team members and the update can be done by anyone on the team.
        1. Schedule the meeting from within Teams.
        2. Edit the meeting from the team calendar (any member of the team can do this).
        3. Add the team and expand it to get the team members.
        4. Delete the members you don't want to invite.
        5. Save and send to all when prompted.

• Poseidon2600 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All team members should be default when scheduling a meeting for a channel with an option to disable. The real issue here is that when you schedule in a channel all channel members do not get an invite in Outlook. Furthermore the team should handle automatically adding new users to the team/channel and removing them when they join / leave.

• Nicola Rampazzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my two cents: it should be easier to implement, when scheduling a meeting in a channel add checkboxes to "Invite all team members" and "invite all channel users" (options available if user has permission to mention team/channels).
        I advised users to switch from outlook to Teams meetings for meetings for the context chat and file that is an awesome benefit, but lacking the possibility of group invites is quite a turn-down.

• Mac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need the functionality of adding the @ in the invite a group of people, versus adding each individual so that they get an invite rather than just a post to the channel.

• Jason Bartley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Yes Yes!!! Currently if I want to invite the whole team to a meeting I have to just know all the team members names and type in their names individually. That's just nuts! No listing of team members to select from...No groups show up to choose from.

• Ivar Kukk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree!
        Another useful functionality regarding inviting persons to the meeting - please add possibility to schedule a meeting with whole team. At the moment if I want to schedule a meeting with whole team, I have to add them one by one.

Feedback and Knowledge Base