How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Tasks from conversations

Tasks for conversations to be added so any actions within conversations can be turned instantly into a task

85 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Jacobson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Berney Villers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is critical. Further, it would be nice if it integrated with Microsoft Project Online. Currently I assign tasks in conversations, but the conversation rapidly becomes history. It's almost impossible to go back and ensure that the assigned tasks were completed. This was much easier with Outlook.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Perhaps some kind of slash command could trigger the functionality. Ideally some type of tool tips would guide users through the syntax needed to add a task. It would be great to be able to enter a task name, assign user(s), add start and end dates, etc. from any interface in teams.

I would also like to see this in the wiki, where you could create a task from a wiki or reference an existing task, and ideally be able to check tasks off right from the wiki.

Yep, this woudl be a great addition to Teams/planner - just went to add this feedback and found this thread already started.
        Key features for me here are having a task created in planner directly from the conversation - in my case for actions that arise in conversations. Having a link to that task from the conversation and a link to the conversation from the task in planner - ie two-way link. This would connect tasks with the background information.

• Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 on this feature. Need a simple way to create a task (planner or other) from a conversation i.e. employees don't want to leave the conversation screen. If it could be simplified by a slash command then that would be a bonus.

• Victor ORear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps adding a button in a task that creates a new converstation in that Teams bucket with a link to the task.

• Moe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to click on a task in Planner and strike up a conversation specifically about that task. Currently the only conversation topic allowed is the whole Planner tab, but that is not very helpful when trying to keep track of what was discussed about how a certain task should be performed.

This could work just like how a conversation can be linked to a specific entry in a Wiki.

In our organization we are looking forward for this feature, because we work widely with Tasks. any update on how to achieve this would be great!

It would be great to be able to quickly convert a group or personal message/conversation into an Outlook task.

Feedback and Knowledge Base