How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Conversation History

Send chat history to outlook " Conversation History" . Good practice, backup all communications. Please microsoft do not forget the basic requirements for use in companies.
tks

420 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fabio Ramponi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

76 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joseph Michaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't particularly like being pushed into Teams. Skype for business worked exactly the way we wanted. Now we have a big bloated, confounding, intrusive (and annoying) interface that doesn't even do the important things... Like saving conversation in accordance with document retention requirements. Please add the ability to save chat transcripts, or allow the option to remain with Skype

• The Office Administrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to store chats for future reference but can't currently do this in Teams as it does not backup to 'conversation history'. Chats are as relevant as email communications in HR matters for example. Please instate this, thank you.

• Janet Kang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Saving the chats to Conversation History, or some other Outlook/Exchange folder, is a must. It will be a real step backward from Skype if this functionality is not provided.
    It will also send many of us back to using Email for many communications, if it is not provided.

• Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I'd like to see the chat history of ex-employees and ability to export it as text or other others format ? also would like to keep the Chat histories in sharepoint.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see this feature and also include the ability to export chat history to excel for sorting. Maybe instead of backing up to outlook, the history cold be backed up to sharepoint and then exported from there. Where data resources are concerned, we could limit the history to one year and then archive with the ability to retrieve from archive using the individuals company's ticketing systems.

• Ryan Van Beek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a necessary component. Having conversation history available to be searched via the outlook interface is an invaluable feature and one that our organization needs to keep.

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Conversation History is good to have for follow-up. It's not easy to copy/paste IM conversations from Teams.

• Andi Schuff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add this feature. I use Outlook to store ALL correspondence regarding a topic ... including IM conversations. Since SFB automatically downloads them to my Conversation folder, I do not even have to think about it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really liked this ability with Skype. Sometimes people don't see the Teams chat and this makes it easier to follow-up :)

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My team and I will not be able to use Teams until the conversation history is added. As a legal team we need to be able to save all relevant correspondence in our case management system. While Teams is a good way of fosterng inclusive communication without the save function available through Outlook our use will be limited.

• Vahe Marounian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will not be able to use Teams until the conversation history is added. We use it for PO tracking and order information.

• Sanjeev Tripathi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I uses conversation history to validated what was discussed previously. Many time it become proof of last discussion. So last 30 day history of Team is of no use for me. Please update it.
    We can not send MOM for each chat right!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.