How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow users to enable push to talk in group meetings

Allow the users to configure to enable push to talk in group meetings.

132 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Charles Winters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in a meeting right now and I'm having to mute/unmute my mic over and over again. This is so inconvenient.

• Aidan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. Also make it walkie talkie vs toggle configurable for user preferences.

You have companies switching from Skype and this was available in Skype.

• josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome. We use discord a lot for our remote workers so we don't have to sit on a call when working on a project

• Pat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i wrote a tiny tool in AHK if you guys want it tell me i will upload it then.

• Eric Barber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great, it is one of my favorite features in Xoom (pressing the space bar unmutes you only while it's held down).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this idea. I would love to have something somewhat similar to Zello if it's possible.

• Cw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this also. Modeled after discord preferably so we could jump into a team channel together and push to talk.

• PT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does Microsoft Teams not have this feature when Discord has had it forever and Discord is free but Teams costs money?

• Hugh Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came here just to post this idea; glad someone else thought of it too...

Rather than toggle-on, toggle-off, I would like to put my microphone on mute and have it stay that way... except that I could press a key and I would be unmuted for as long as that key was pressed... just like a walkie-talkie push-to-talk button.

Maybe long-talkers would just get unmuted for real if they talked for more than, say, 30 seconds?

For example:

Organizer: "That's all I had for today, does anyone have anything else?"

Me (muted): <presses SHIFT to unmute> "Nope, thanks." <releases SHIFT to re-mute>

Organizer: "Thanks bye"

Feedback and Knowledge Base