How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

chat sort

The ability to sort your favorites list under the chat tab by status.

63 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joel Coopersmith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Seth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the ability to alphabetize chats... sifting through a jumble of 30 people is annoying.

• Jason Tenpenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need multiple sort options. I would like to sort alphabetically in my favorites. In order to do that, I have to unfavorite everyone and add them back in alphabetical order

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sort Team Conversations from newest to oldest. It takes forever to scroll to find any new conversations, and that will only take longer as time goes on, since the old conversations are still there, not being deleted.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want to sort chat from newest to oldest.
        Now the sort order is oldest to newest. What is the logic in that?

• Allison King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have an All Chats menu (collapsible) to easily return to a chat (especially a group chat) that is no longer in the Recent menu.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remember the sort order. I prefer to sort Alphabetically but it always sorts by modified, even after I change it to sort alphabetically.

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current ordering of the favorites in the chat tab seems to be random or some kind of proprietary sorting that doesn't quite make sense. At first I thought it was based on the date of the last message, but now I see that's not the case. I think it might actually purely be based on the order that the contacts were added as favorites.

Please order the favorites alphabetically by the user name, or at least allow users to choose their sorting method (be it alpha, last modified or something else).

Feedback and Knowledge Base