How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

chat sort

The ability to sort your favorites list under the chat tab by status.

160 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joel Coopersmith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Zeke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Skype for Business allows me to manually sort the Chat Groups into the order that is useful to me: most commonly used at the top of my list. I need that functionality in Teams.

Also, Chat expands each condensed group each time I leave and return to chat.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I typically have 40 or so contacts in chat, all of which I communicate with at least weekly. The ability to sort alphabetically would be so helpful, and the ability to filter to who is on like would be amazing!

• Tomoko Mikami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My entire team requests the ability to move Groups under Contacts tab in the order you prefer. Currently, the Contacts tab is extremely difficult to use. Users need the ability to organize their Contacts in the order they want.
        As a Supervisor of two separate groups, I use the Contacts tab to check that both groups are Online before doing a group chat. At this time, I cannot move these two Groups next to each other to fit my needs. I would like to strongly request a Move Up and Down option for Groups under Contacts tab.

• Alex Cher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe the ability to sort alphabetically and by online status is not available yet. This is such a basic feature, it should have been available in the initial release!

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to sort the chat contacts alphabetically so you can quickly scroll to the right person.

The contacts are difficult to find
        Sorting the contacts should be in the first release
        Beside this the names are last, first but the icons show the name as first initial last initial
        MS teams seems to be pre-alpha

• Gabrielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I prioritize my chat groups by those I talk with the most. Currently those I rarely talk to are on top. I would be nice to sort the lists in order of priority.

• Melanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to sort them alphabetically. Now I have to scroll down and read all the names. And also I need the function of making unseen all the people who aren't in house/ available

• MikeC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Contacts in Chat need to allow reordering within Contact Groups. Currently I've tested on the Mac client, Web client and iOS. In most cases, the order listed is the order in which the contact was added to a contact group.

In my opinion, at the very least the contact groups should have the option (i.e. preference) of automatically sorting them alphabetically. A slightly better way would be to give the user either a "move-up/move-down menu item" or an "up/down arrow" for each contact. IMO, the best case would allow the user to drag/drop the contacts into a more logical order.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this feature too. Just tried it since moving to Teams from Skype and was disappointed such a feature was missing.

As the list of Teams grow and I move some prior Favorites to non-Favorites, the need is great to have an auto-alphabetize both the Favorite and non-Favorite Team lists. Ironically, I just noticed that all my 'other' non-Favorite Teams do auto list alphabetically. But my daily use list of Favorite Teams, do not have that sorting option.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can reorder the favorites by dragging and dropping in the order you want. I'm not sure it maintains this order, but you can drag and drop.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to sort the chat list order would make using the facility a lot easier for users needing to chat to multiple people throughout the day. Also brings some consistency to the chat section, as with Skype you know the order of your contacts and you get used to being able to sort via status and name

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base