How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Don't include Teams in task switcher when closed

When Teams is running it always appears in my task switcher (ALT+TAB), even after I have closed the window.

Steps:
1. Open teams and log on.
2. Make sure your settings are to keep the application running in close.
3. Close the window. You should no longer see Teams in your taskbar, but you should still see the Teams notification icon in the system tray.
4. Hold the ALT key and press TAB. Keep the ALT key pressed.

The next window in the task switcher is Teams, even though the window has been closed.

Worse yet - if I release the ALT key with Teams selected the Teams window then appears, yet Teams still does not appear in my taskbar.

What I expect to see is:
* When Teams window is open it should appear in my task switcher.
* When Teams window is minimized it should appear in my task switcher.
* When Teams window is closed it should not appear in my task switcher.

Running on Windows 7.

46 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Edward Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft is leading the charge in breaking all the UI elements and behaviors we spent the last 30 years getting used to. Leaves a pretty bitter taste in my mouth, is this what I get for loyalty?

If I wanted things to act weird, I'd switch to another OS!

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Never going to get added, is it?

PLEASE fix this, it's an extremely annoying bug. And yes, it definitely is a bug.

• Adam Field commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know Windows 7 is being deprecated, and I'll probably be getting "upgraded" to a new machine with Windows 10 at work soon, but until then, yeah, this is some serious, irritating, ugly clutter in my alt-tab list. Please fix this!

• Dakota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am on Windows 7 and this is quite frustrating. It feels wrong like a windows continuity issue.

• Heloisa Ramalho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am running Windows 10. After I close the Teams window, I don't see Teams among the tasks in my Alt-Tab task list (it appears if I haven't closed its window).

• Ben Spead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly second this request! I am trying out Teams and it is very annoying to respond to a chat, close the window and then Alt+Tab to get back to a recent window and have Teams come back up again!

Please fix this ASAP - it is a major annoyance.

NOTE: I am also on Windows 7. Can anyone confirm if this is an issue on Windows 10?

• Steve Madden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a related issue in that sometimes Teams doesn't show in my Alt-Tab task list or task view, even when open. If I go to another window, alt-tab doesn't take me back to Teams.

... but after closing the Teams window and re-opened it from the notifications area... it does show in task view and exhibits the behavior Edward described.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.