How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Wiki - Needs a lot of changes

1) Image embedding.
2) Better Copy & Paste
3) Better Alerts,
4) Why isn't there an equally capable Modern app.
5) Editing functions are terrible.
6) Hyperlinks not recognized.
7) The burger icon is so small (to expand the list of Wiki's), couldnt find with a microscope. Make is screen- size dependant. Larger than a given size, just show a list of all the wiki's.
8) Allow importing blogs from sharepoint
9) Right click options when editing the content is limited to just "Copy", really ??
10) when click on the three dots next to the title of a wiki and it gives you more options, i cannot just click somewhere else to get rid of it, i have to click on the dots again.
11) I can’t un-highlight text, you need to delete & re-write
12) It’s not easy – don’t know how – link between different Wiki pages in the body of seccions
13) It will be nice to allow icon images in the sections title
14) Allow paste only text option – when you copy from word or powerpoint is terrible
15) The ability to show and hide section’s content like in the MS help pages
16) An introduction Area (without section) which is always open (in show mode you can’t hide)

121 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tapan Chaudhary shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As a general status I’m going to flag this as “on the backlog”.

However, here is the list breakdown for you all. :)

1) Image embedding.
    -This is supported!

2) Better Copy & Paste
    -I would think is is asking for copy and paste between sections – this is -“on the backlog”

3) Better Alerts,
    -If this is a request for notification when someone changes a section you “own” or “follow” this is “on the backlog”

4) Why isn’t there an equally capable Modern app.
    -Not being considered at this time.

5) Editing functions are terrible.
    -This is “on the backlog” but making good progress… hope to have more details in the near future to share.

6) Hyperlinks not recognized.
    -This should be fixed already.

7) The burger icon is so small (to expand the list of Wiki’s), couldnt find with a microscope. Make is screen- size dependant. Larger than a given size, just show a list of all the wiki’s.
    -There will be some visual change coming and this will be addressed by the changes.

8) Allow importing blogs from sharepoint
    -“On the backlog”

9) Right click options when editing the content is limited to just “Copy”, really ??
    -We will be bringing out a number of quick actions but I don’t have a timeline yet. “on the backlog”

10) when click on the three dots next to the title of a wiki and it gives you more options, i cannot just click somewhere else to get rid of it, i have to click on the dots again.
    - This appears to be a bug. The feature team has captured this feedback and it is “on the backlog”

11) I can’t un-highlight text, you need to delete & re-write
    -This is fixed.

12) It’s not easy – don’t know how – link between different Wiki pages in the body of seccions
    -This feature will be coming, “on the backlog”

13) It will be nice to allow icon images in the sections title
    -Not considered at this time.

14) Allow paste only text option – when you copy from word or powerpoint is terrible

15) The ability to show and hide section’s content like in the MS help pages

16) An introduction Area (without section) which is always open (in show mode you can’t hide)

Thank you all for the feedback.
    -Warren

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jonathan Peffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there plans to support in-line comments / conversations? It is difficult to collaborate on a wiki page without the ability to facilitate a discussion on specific sections of text within the wiki being created.

• GerardD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Points 13, 14, 15 please!

13 - icon/images next to text in sections - visual clue to links (more important to visual learners than you think)
        14 - allow paste only text (how many times do I need to paste into notepad then copy out again!)
        15 - hide sections in large wiki pages (and just more Word-like editing facilities)

• Alfonso Perez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to Tapan,

12) I can't un-highlight text, you need to delete & re-write
        13) It's not easy - don't know how - link between different Wiki pages in the body of seccions
        14) It will be nice to allow icon images in the sections title
        15) Allow paste only text option - when you copy from word or powerpoint is terrible
        16) The ability to show and hide section's content like in the MS help pages
        17) An introduction Area (without section) which is always open (in show mode you can't hide)

• Jeff Messer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree - I've been experimenting with moving off of an old SharePoint Foundation 2013 server that was primarily used as a wiki to Microsoft Teams Wiki, and it's just missing far too much. Right now if I make a minor mistake there's not even an "Undo" to go experiment with different types of formatting. I've been trying to copy old tables over with a simple list of links and descriptions, and it keeps coming across as garbage. I get it close, and then one minor mistake and the entire column goes out of whack. I think I'm going to consider the team OneNote direction instead for now at least.

• Ian Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wiki seems to be a classic wiki in that it heavily relies on markup which limits its accessibility. In a team environment you want information to be added/updated as easily as possible. Atlassian understood this when they made Confluence which is why it has been so successful. In Teams I prefer One Note rather than Wiki because even though I find the former a bit clunky it is easier to produce a basic page with some screenshots and the like.

• Jennifer McKinney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As many of our channels are used for projects, i'm using the wiki to record processes. It would be great if we were able to integrate it with our sharepoint site so as to have one record accessible from many places.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And the most important missing feature: There is currently no working "Search" functionality. So, this is fine, as long as there are just a couple of entries. But Wiki´s tend to grow easily and quickly and finally get lot´s of entries. If there is no possibility to search inside the WIKI, then it is useless.
        But if you develop a Search functionality, please do it in that way, that you can also search in the area, where the files tab stores the files which can add here. This is currently also not working. The current search field seems to look only for messages, which is certainly not enough.
        Last but not least: In Office 365 SharePoint, there is also already the WIKI Feature included. To me, it looks like the WIKI inside Teams is totally independant from the SharePoint Wiki functionality, which is not a good idea... There should be just one central WIKI functionality for the whole Office 365 package. Otherwise you risk to loose valualbe Information or People looking inside the SharePoint based wiki search for something, but do not find it, because this is stored in the Teams wiki...

Strange: The whole benefit of the Office 365 is the idea of different Software Tools being seamlessly integrated.... But the Integration archictecture is still not so seamlessly designed...

Feedback and Knowledge Base