or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

fifichop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

We will not be doing this request at this time, due to other high priority engineering that the product needs. But we really appreciate the feedback and are listening to every one that you submit in this forum. Thank you!

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want us to switch from Skype for Business to Teams, then you have to allow us to change this ugly purple. I'll keep our company off teams until I see this feature added.

Purple is a horrible color to work with on a daily basis and dark themes are ******* the eyes. I'm not sure why after all this time where personalization of apps was such a very high priority for customer satisfaction MS is delivering with less functionality then is currently available.

• Mr. Cano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Suphatra,
        As a Microsoft partner, many clients are fighting back because there is no way to implement their branding guidelines into Teams. I understand this may not be on your top priority items, but is it on your roadmap and is there a very high level idea of where it falls in the roadmap timeline.

• A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The channel description must be visible for team members, currently it is only visible in Settings -> Manage Team -> Channels. What is the purpose of a description if only managers can read it? Look at Slack, Mattermost et al put it below the channel name so users know instantly what the channel purpose is.

Please I hate this purple theme make it stop the whole thing is HTML/CSS anyway just make it so we can theme it.

Also, let us adjust the width of the submenus from the main. Anytime I click on a person to chat, the submenu covers up the left side of the content.

• L. Günther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having different themes on different teams is important to help people selecting the right team.
        Everything that can be done to assist on navigation through a mass of teams / channels in the list, should be considered. Themes are one element to improve this.

• Damien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised there is so limited activity in this suggestion. UX is key in user adoption, and being able to customize the display and theme is a basic and should be a must.

Concrete exemples
        1- allow user to change their default theme so they feel comfortable with it
        2- allow a corporation to change the default theme so it better fits with its corporate code
        3- allow a team owner to change the default theme of a Team (/ Channel?) so it help explain the purpose of the team

For #3, in a company with several thousands Teams, we want to help users to better understand the purpose of individual teams by creating "template" available when creating a new team. Having a specific Theme would be consistent

BTW same comment for Planner, and it is part of the difficulty to make people switch from Trello to Planner ...

Echoing other sentiments. Need more themes and flexibility. Can barely tell where some data entry boxes are as the box is indiscernible from the other white space on the screen.
        Customizing themes would also be great. At bare minimum have 20+ themes using base colors (blue, green, orange, etc) that can be assigned to different channels, etc.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Default theme is basically unusable. A sea of ***** with pale gray text. No obvious indication which bits are clickable. No significant separation between UI regions.

• John O'Halloran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this just the latest example of designing desktop applications for cell phones. This application is designed to be run on a desktop computer and should provide users with easy access the ability to customize the "LOOK" and feel of the application to fit the way each user works.

• Scallawa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the items that are brought up when people talk about why they don't want to switch from slack.

• KW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You REALLY need more themes.....not just more options but more flexibility in adding them to each channel too... if possible.

But you need more themes

• KW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make a few other themes .... the default is good , but I want to change the black color under Activity / Chat/ Teams and flies

Yes, Teams appears so disassociated from O365. This sends an important message to users as well as to our management team who will either approve or disapprove adopting Office 365.

• Patrick Ritz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The layout is really not as clean as a modern day app should be. Overall it has potential but there is too much going on at one time. Slack does color and layout much better. Purple is a horrible color choice and it makes me not want to use teams at all!

Having theme support, like sublime text, would be perfect. Ability to always hide suggestions (in chat) and build a uniquely better experience would be amazing.

There is so many thing that teams does better than slack but design is just not there yet.

We have another two weeks of trial with teams. After that, we will evaluate and see which application (teams or slack) we will be using. Hopefully we get some UI/UX updates soon.

• chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like purple, aesthetically speaking... and Teams is all purple.

My company is making us switch from Slack to Teams next month and I'm sad because I have a gorgeous, custom theme in Slack that is very pleasing to my eye.

Please allow users to make custom themes or at least give some other options besides purple.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base